every time An email comes through i get a ramdom text from 11802222269
    that reads //BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL Cl=60E4DAAFE7BA46D6669C2821969A1B2BMC=1 To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)
    Anyone else get these?
    09-15-09 04:51 PM
    try sending service books again
    09-15-09 07:54 PM
    I get that ALL THE TIME! Drives me nuts because I've read a bunch of different ways to stop it and none work! Can someone help once and for all?
    09-15-09 08:14 PM
    Brew messages are remnants of your old phone. A brew-enabled phone will process the text message without displaying it to you. Blackberries don't have Brew, so they just display the text to you.

Your old phone may have had some sort of subscription or mobile e-mail app. The brew message is sent to notify your phone that mail is ready.

Either switch back to your old phone, terminate the service, and then switch back to your blackberry, or contact your carrier and have them either block the text messages or turn off the service for you.
    09-15-09 10:22 PM
    What I did to solve this problem is call tech support and explain everything that SoCaliTrojan just said. Had to go to tier 2 tech support. The tier 2 lady was familiar with the issue and the texts stopped by the end of the day. In my case it was because I used a phone with mobile email for a week. Didn't matter that the mobile email had been cancelled when I traded the [LG Env3] phone for this new Tour- the BREW texts were still showing up regardless.
    09-16-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD