Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anybody Else Notice Black Bump on D Button (Now White)?

have any other tour users noticed on their keyboards after a while the "D" key which has the little bump on it was once black and now is white? i just noticed this morning that it had turned white.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

Wow just saw this on mine. I knew the bump was there so I guess the top finally wore off..

But I got a better one my t and y keys have more than 2 characters on them. My t has T ( \ and my Y has Y / )

kinda silly looking.

Last edited by dave3825us; 03-23-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    OS 5.0.0.419 + Driphter Dv8.2 = Better than Verizon's Official 5.0.0.591! ! !

Fast and no browser click issue..
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    313A1740

Quote Originally Posted by dave3825us View Post
    Wow just saw this on mine. I knew the bump was there so I guess the top finally wore off..

But I got a better one my t and y keys have more than 2 characters on them. My t has T ( \ and my Y has Y / )

kinda silly looking.
    Whoa that's weird, my T only has T and ( and my Y only has Y and ). I wonder why yours has 3 symbols? Strange. And my bump on the D key is still black. But I guess the white dot is something I have to look forward too! *sigh* =\
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    7A495BBE

It's because the paint/coating has worn off part of the keys (presumably like mine, from excessive use) to form the "slashes" on the keys. Paint has worn off the raised portions of all but a few of my keys. I guess I type on my bb too much. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

hahaha...buncha lightweights .. my ALT,E,A,S,D,N,O,DEL and SPACE buttons all are worn... text much?
    Romans 10:9
    CrackBerry Abuser

I haven't had this problem on my Tour (knock on wood) but I had a major issue with this on my 8830

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of success

my black nub on the d key was white after a week or so. doesnt really bother me at all... none of my peaks are white... yet.
    Device: Tour 9630
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

+1 on the paint worn off, if you text a lot, this is just the beginning, I've seen some keyboards where you couldn't see some of hte letters on the keyboard.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    uıd ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandman_454 View Post
    It's because the paint/coating has worn off part of the keys (presumably like mine, from excessive use) to form the "slashes" on the keys. Paint has worn off the raised portions of all but a few of my keys. I guess I type on my bb too much. lol

The slashes on t and y have been there since day one and this was a brand new tour.
    OS 5.0.0.419 + Driphter Dv8.2 = Better than Verizon's Official 5.0.0.591! ! !

Fast and no browser click issue..
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NED DOWN UNDER FIRE

try using some moisturizer on your hands.... apparently your thumbs have the same texture as 160 grit sandpaper.

lol j/k
    Abashed the Devil stood
    And felt how awful goodness is
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Scan my Avatar!

If you noticed most phones have some sort of indicator on the #5 button. My home phone has this as well, it lets people know which button is 5 in the dark or for people who are blind?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

anyone recommend any kind of paint to touch up the T and Y keys?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request

sharpie?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

lol, tried that... not permanent
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me!

Also, if you try to do the trick where you run the trackball along a white piece of paper, this will happen real quick.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    311439a4

Use automotive touch up paint
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    303290CF

Quote Originally Posted by dave3825us View Post

kinda silly looking.

Yeah that's definitely the paint wearing off. Look close: you can see that the "slashes" on the T and Y keys are not identical. The paint is just wearing off from the raised ridges on those keys. Notice that the ridges on all of the keys from the T and to the left have the ridge on the right side; the ridges on all of the keys from the Y and to the right have the ridge on the left side.

I should be a detective.

I just thought about something. You said those "slashes" have been there since day one and your phone was "new". Go into the Options and select About. Scroll down and see if your phone is refurbished. If it is refurbished phone and it's supposed to be "new", I'd be taking it back to the place I bought it and having a word with em.
    Last edited by HPD2618; 03-25-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: After-thought
    You have the right to remain silent..so please, shut the **** up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me!

"About" tells you if your phone is refurbished? Since when?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Addict

It should say "Refurbished: N."

Sprint 9630 w/5.0.0.484.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    303290CF

Quote Originally Posted by slinky317 View Post
    Check it out for yourself. Go to about and scroll down. There's a heading for refurbished that should have an "N" next to it. Sprint store geek said its to identify if it's a refurbished phone. From what I gather, some carriers give you a refurb if you get a replacement phone through insurance. Don't know if this is true skinny or not but sounds plausible. Why else have the refurbish heading?

What part of South Jersey, slink? Used to live in Atlantic City. God how I miss living where things made sense and thing worked the way they were supposed to. It's like living in the 19th century down here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts
    PIN
    S...ALL THE COOL KIDS HAVE 'EM

Only on Sprint Tours not Verizon
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    303290CF

Typical Verizon. I hope Verizon never gets into the auto industry cause we'd all have cars that wouldn't drive: the engine probably wouldn't even start.

I had Verizon for almost 10 years, but I'm better now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30B8310E

Also, if you try to do the trick where you run the trackball along a white piece of paper, this will happen real quick.
    Yup, that is exactly what I did to clean my track ball and now I have the same "white" spot on that key. Paint on the bump was worn off.
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 | OS 6.0.0.359
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by HPD2618 View Post
    Check it out for yourself. Go to about and scroll down. There's a heading for refurbished that should have an "N" next to it. Sprint store geek said its to identify if it's a refurbished phone. From what I gather, some carriers give you a refurb if you get a replacement phone through insurance. Don't know if this is true skinny or not but sounds plausible. Why else have the refurbish heading?

What part of South Jersey, slink? Used to live in Atlantic City. God how I miss living where things made sense and thing worked the way they were supposed to. It's like living in the 19th century down here.
    Ah, man... looks like it only says it on Sprint phones, doesn't work on VZW. Oh well. Got mine as a replacement so I'm pretty sure it's a refurbed anyway .

I live in the Gloucester County area, about 10-20 minutes from Philly. I know what you mean - I went to college down south, and man did I miss Wawa and diners! Waffle House just doesn't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachlee View Post
    Yup, that is exactly what I did to clean my track ball and now I have the same "white" spot on that key. Paint on the bump was worn off.
    Yeah, best bet is to put a piece of tape over the left side of the keyboard before trying that trick. Hopefully that would stop the paint from rubbing away.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts

The white dot on the D key wore off on my last tour. But like usual I had to swap it for another one since it was having issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast