I was wondering if anyone has heard anything further on the MR update to .142 that VZW is going to be releasing? Last I had seen someone had found a VZW internal memo with the MR release projected as the 15th of September. With that date quickly approaching I would have thought that we would have heard something official about its imminent release by now.

Anyone heard anything different? I would love to know.....
    09-11-09 09:26 PM
    You know what everyone else knows.

If your Tour is running great on .40 don't get too excited over .42 its not an improvement. Only thing it improves is boot up time.

Can't play your downloaded movies after updating neither. In that respect its a step backward. .

I "downgraded" back to .40. 58 is floating around perhaps that's what they will release. I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cereal killer; 09-11-09 at 09:44 PM.
    09-11-09 09:40 PM

If your Tour is running great on .40 don't get too excited over .42 its not an improvement. Only thing it improves is boot up time.

Can't play your downloaded movies after updating neither. In that respect its a step backward. .

Says you. .42 works a lot better on my Tour than .40 ever did.
    09-11-09 09:41 PM
    Says you. .42 works a lot better on my Tour than .40 ever did.
    again I had ZERO issues with .40 so I didn't notice anything except boot time

09-11-09 09:47 PM

I "downgraded" back to .40. 58 is floating around perhaps that's what they will release. I don't know.

Any noticeable improvement on Trackball function? I know that part of it is hardware part is software, but notice any difference with it?

I am getting lags every once in a while, nothing serious I was just hoping that this will fix it.
    09-11-09 09:49 PM
    Yes people have said it fixes that.

09-11-09 09:52 PM
    MR1 will launch 90 days after initial launch of the Tour, so not too far off.
    09-11-09 09:55 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing Verizon/Rim releasing a official 5.0 software upgrade for the tour
    09-11-09 10:24 PM
    MR1 will launch 90 days after initial launch of the Tour, so not too far off.
    Did you mean 60 days? Because 90 days would mean mid-October.
    09-11-09 11:00 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing Verizon/Rim releasing a official 5.0 software upgrade for the tour
    I don't think that you will ever see an official OS 5.0 release for Tour on VZW. I think that they would be keeping OS 5.0 for other devices in an attempt to make people get newer equipment. Just my thoughts, but I would like to see an official release.
    09-11-09 11:23 PM
    If they do it the same way they did the storm, should hear an announcement a little less than a week before the launch of it... so far nothing
    09-11-09 11:29 PM
    .40 runs godlike for me.
    09-12-09 12:17 AM

What does that mean? Have they broken video playback or only certain formats? Or what?

Thanks in advance
    09-12-09 12:41 AM
    verizon updates always take forever
    09-12-09 12:42 AM
    What does that mean? Have they broken video playback or only certain formats? Or what?

Thanks in advance
    all your saved videos won't work. I recorded video and it worked but my downloaded video did not work.

Others have experienced this as well.

09-12-09 12:52 AM
    I don't think that you will ever see an official OS 5.0 release for Tour on VZW. I think that they would be keeping OS 5.0 for other devices in an attempt to make people get newer equipment. Just my thoughts, but I would like to see an official release.
    Yeah there is supposed to be an official release for every device 4.6 and beyond. I believe there will be an official release because there wont be any newer keyboard phones on verizon for awhile. Essex is still wayyyyyyyy off, and the 8530 will prob be next keyboard bb but that is 5 steps down from the tour.
    09-12-09 12:54 AM
    All my videos work fine without a hitch. This included ones I made with my original Tour and other videos that were copied to my phone. Sounds to me like anyone having problems didn't get a good install.

Can't blame hardware on that one.
    09-12-09 12:56 AM
    again I had ZERO issues with .40 so I didn't notice anything except boot time

Yea same hear

09-12-09 01:01 AM
    I find it rather coincidental that those reporting that it runs great and see a bunch of an improvements are the same ones that don't have issues running video. It really is starting to look like those that don't notice a difference are either A) not very observant or B) didn't get a good install. But that's just my opinion.
    09-12-09 01:04 AM
    I find it rather coincidental that those reporting that it runs great and see a bunch of an improvements are the same ones that don't have issues running video. It really is starting to look like those that don't notice a difference are either A) not very observant or B) didn't get a good install. But that's just my opinion.
    I'm a RIM Certified Blackberry Technician, and I consider myself extremely observant. That being said I've had "ZERO" issues with my Tour. So to me it looks like those who do notice a difference are either A) new blackberry users who aren't used to testing software releases or B).the type of person that try to find fault in everything and are never satisfied. But that's just my opinion.

09-12-09 02:07 AM
    I'm a RIM Certified Blackberry Technician, and I consider myself extremely observant. That being said I've had "ZERO" issues with my Tour. So to me it looks like those who do notice a difference are either A) new blackberry users who aren't used to testing software releases or B).the type of person that try to find fault in everything and are never satisfied. But that's just my opinion.

Lololol...served much?
    09-12-09 02:52 AM
    That would be dumb but at the same time not a big deal. You could just get it from a different carrier. I did it with my Pearl. Telus had a newer official OS release (for the Pearl) than Verizon did so I used theirs instead with no problems.
    09-12-09 05:40 AM
    as far as I know.. the date is still september 15th
    09-12-09 06:38 AM
    I just want a more stable signal and better trackball movement which some have reported an improvement with .42 if true , im anxious for the upgrade.

09-12-09 06:55 AM
    all your saved videos won't work. I recorded video and it worked but my downloaded video did not work.

Others have experienced this as well.

Ya know , I have read your posts the last few days about this and its a lie. If you would do a complete wipe like everyone tries to tell you you probably would have no problems . i am not sure why you are trying to steer people away from this update by saying things that aren't true, but all my videos work fine. I definitely think . 42 is a improvement over .40. I have had no problems with it. I think tke problems you are having are due to USER ERROR!

09-12-09 08:16 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD