My unlocked Tour from Verizon arrived today...I'm using it on the Fido network in Canada; it works well, is an amazing phone, but an issue I have is when I call voicemail, beside "My Number:" on the right hand side of the screen, it appears to be the actual phone's number (from Michigan, with 313 area code) although my Sim Card is in the phone and in options it recognizes my correct phone number as the phone's number.

Is this the number of the person who bought this phone? I've never been on a CDMA network so I don't really know how this works. I called the cellphone number from my home phone but hung up after 2 rings...I know that my BB probably won't ring, but could the original owner of this phone have picked up...?

Anyway, is there a way to fix this? If not it's no big deal, but just seeing someone else's number on the screen is kind of meh...

Thanks in advance!
    07-20-09 09:07 PM
    You'll need to change the MSID...call your carriers customer service for help with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:32 PM
    I actually did some more digging and did find a solution. I'll post it here for anyone else who has the same problem:

Enter ##000000 and hit Send. The "CDMA Service Edit Screen" should come up.

Then Change the "Mobile Directory Number" to whatever you want. Phone will then reboot and after it's done loading the correct number will show up.

Thanks for the response though, mconk!
    07-21-09 12:18 AM
    Whoops-mobile directory number is what I meant! I thought there was a carrier specific code to get there though...which is why I suggested calling in. Thanks for the tip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD