Hi,

I think there must be somethign wrong with my tour. The keyboard light comes on & off at odd times. In the dark it doesnt go on, during the day in a dim room it does. The keyboard gets dim in the dark & bright in other spots. I think it must be a sensor or a user error

Is there a way to disable that feature?

Thanks,
    Rich
    12-12-09 07:45 PM
    Yes, there is a sensor. It is located in the LED window.

Options>Screen/Keyboard>Automatically Dim Backlight to Off, escape and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:28 PM
    Just a comment: the dimming in dim light and brightening in bright light is deliberate. Dim under dim is easier on the eyes, and bright under bright is easier to read.I must say, though, that I don't agree with the "threashold switch logic" that is in the keypad backlight - it can be annoying!
    12-12-09 10:06 PM
    I know the back light on the screen can be timed to turn off but can the key pad ? i hate when i am in a little of light but not enough light and the key pad light goes off.
    12-12-09 10:11 PM
    I know the back light on the screen can be timed to turn off but can the key pad ? i hate when i am in a little of light but not enough light and the key pad light goes off.
    all you have to do in that case is just slide your finger over the LED light on the upper right hand side of the phone for a second.. the keyboard lights will go on again. The light sensor is in the LED light, so for just a second put your finger on top of it for a second and you have all the lights in the world that you need
    12-13-09 07:19 AM
    One has to wonder why Rim removed the ability to adjust the screen's light by pressing the left top button as it did on my 8830. I don't think the keypad was affected by that setting but at least I could adjust the screen myself. This auto-adjustment just does not take into consideration all conditions.
    12-13-09 08:40 AM
    Thats what i do i cover it up and the keys will light up but then in about 5 seconds it goes off again. so theres no way to make the key pad with a setting to stay on longer ?
    12-13-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD