There are so many different threads out there about unlocked Tours and different SIMs and different levels of success that it's hard to figure out exactly what's going on... I figure I'd try to tie it all up here. So far what I can tell so far we have the following issues:

• T-Mobile SIM (either prepaid or otherwise) - No channel/circuit available error when trying to make a voice call although data seems to work ok
    • AT&T GoPhone pre-paid SIM - disables the radio, GSM and CDMA unless you reinstall the Verizon (or another) SIM card.

I don't know if the two are related... maybe someone has one problem will have both. Seems like there's been more success with the TMO cards than the ATT ones.

Anyway, my question is has anyone actually gotten an AT&T GoPhone prepaid SIM card to work and not shut off the radio?
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    I actually got a At&t sim card for go phone on saturday and it works just fine. I haven't had any problems with it so far.
    07-27-09 02:29 PM
    I actually got a At&t sim card for go phone on saturday and it works just fine. I haven't had any problems with it so far.
    Ok cool, knowing at least someone has it working makes me less nervous about getting one myself. Did you get one with data?
    07-27-09 02:49 PM
    no, i don't know if i am or not. the only reason i got the pre-paid at&t sim is just in case i am in an area where there is no cdma service but there is at&t service. i have been to a couple of places that i have ran into that situation but we are talking about small small towns or far out in the country.
    07-27-09 03:40 PM
    Can someone help me. I have the code but no where to enter it.
    07-27-09 03:52 PM
    Can someone help me. I have the code but no where to enter it.
    CellUnlock.net-Unlocking Instructions

no, i don't know if i am or not. the only reason i got the pre-paid at&t sim is just in case i am in an area where there is no cdma service but there is at&t service. i have been to a couple of places that i have ran into that situation but we are talking about small small towns or far out in the country.
    Yeah this is the only reason I want it too.
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 07-27-09 at 05:08 PM.
    07-27-09 05:05 PM
    Well to try to tie up loose ends on the GoPhone sim in a Verizon BB Tour, from reading several forums, blogs, quite a few phone calls, and a waste of $45 on a GoPhone, here is what I came up with.

Existing AT&T GoPhone users if you have had your go phone for over 180 days (no exceptions) AT&T says your card unlocks itself or you can call to unlock the card for use in other GSM Phones.

For us that just wanna put an AT&T Sim in our unlocked BB Tours not having a GoPhone go to your local AT&T store buy $25 in airtime the will give you an unlocked sim free for that purchase and it will work in any unlocked GSM phone.
    I believe the only downside to the AT&T GoPhone sim is no data or MMS.

T-Mo sim cards I do not know as of yet because they no longer use AT&T towers and I don't live anywhere near an area that has a T-Mo towers.
    11-18-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD