I am interested in upgrading to the Tour (even in light of some of what I read).

I just went to the Best Buy site and it appears that the phone is $149. Verizon will not allow me to use my ne2 until Sept. So the Verizon price currently would be $50 more.

While I guess I would prefer dealing with Verizon for a phone on their system, I'm not sure if there is any reason to avoid Best Buy.

Opinions from this not very opinionated group?

Thanks in advance.
    07-18-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah, I don't see any problems with it. Just make sure it doesn't say "Authorized Reseller". I have heard of people having issues when taking a phone back to a real VZW store and saying, "Well the guy at the XYZ (Authorized Reseller) said you will do this."
    07-18-09 02:53 PM
    Went to BB for my wife. No difference accept being less expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:00 PM
    Got mine from BestBuy as well. No issues whatsoever and $50 cheaper as you mentioned.
    07-18-09 03:07 PM
    Got mine at BestBuy too with no problems
    07-18-09 03:09 PM
    form my understanding the main difference is that you have to get a replacement phone, if you break it, through best buy if you go with them, and they can take a while, where as verizon can often just hand you a new phone.
    07-18-09 03:19 PM
    That really hacks me off - Best Buy being 1/3 less than Verizon! Wish I would have known that earlier. Oh well...
    07-18-09 03:36 PM
    well if u go to bestbuy u might not get to see great CS reps from VZW. Wouldnt u miss that?
    07-18-09 03:37 PM
    I also got mine at best Buy. The verizon store in poughkeepsie was very difficult to deal with. They were only interested in selling the Tour to new contracts. I won't go in to that store again.
    I also saved 50.00 and they were wonderful to deal with.
    07-18-09 03:42 PM
    you can use ur VIP upgrade at Best Buy. I will buy all my blackberry's from Bestbuy until Verizon's prices are lower.
    07-18-09 06:59 PM
    I'll be going tomorrow morning, hopefully will get this answered...

What about the 30 day take back feature? (or the like)

Mainly, what if I get it from Best Buy and notice the battery cover problem, or some other glitch beyond just a battery pull/etc...

Will I be able to take it back to Best Buy for a new Tour? As an above poster said, will I be able to get a phone that day just like with VZW?
    07-18-09 07:22 PM
    Yes, you can! I am using my 3rd Tour which is directly purchased at BestBuy for just $107 (tax included).

The 1st Tour has a defective headphone jack.
    The 2nd Tour has a defective speaker (it has static - high pitch noise)

Normally, they just allow you exchange your phone once within 30 days. BUT if you can show them a serious problem like mines, they can exchange for you a brand new one until you satisfy !
    07-18-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD