Just wondering if any of you Tour owners out there are pilots like me. If so, what is the best aviation weather app to use on the Tour? I want the standard things such as METARs, TAFs, Nexrad, Satellite, etc..... Flight routing and filing is not necessary but would be a plus. Thanks a lot. Hopefully there are some other pilots on here!
    09-13-09 07:10 PM
    I used to use WXSYS...when I was flying but I have not had the time in the last few years. It gives METAR, TAF, RADAR and Airport Info.

What do you fly?
    09-13-09 07:25 PM
    I fly either a 172, Cherokee 180, or Bonanza A36. What about you?
    09-13-09 07:29 PM
    de Havilland DHC-2 with floats.
    09-13-09 07:31 PM
    I want to get my seaplane rating at some point. I will hopefully be getting my instrument rating within the next couple of years. I am still in college so I dont have the time to get that for a while. It's hard enough to find time to just fly right now but that should be changing soon.
    09-13-09 08:17 PM
    jealous. hope to find some free time to get a private license in the future. anyway, just curious. is signal reliable while flying?
    09-13-09 08:24 PM
    Just wondering if any of you Tour owners out there are pilots like me. If so, what is the best aviation weather app to use on the Tour? I want the standard things such as METARs, TAFs, Nexrad, Satellite, etc..... Flight routing and filing is not necessary but would be a plus. Thanks a lot. Hopefully there are some other pilots on here!
    I'm a pilot and haven't found any apps that do aviation WX. I use the WeatherMeister site though and swear by it! You can go there at: Welcome to Weathermeister

The site costs a few bucks a month, but is ABSOLUTELY worth it. I think they've got a few day trial too. Pop in a route and it shows you all the Metars, TAFS, radar, etc., etc., etc. They even decode the briefing to plain english and color code it based on conditions. Literally *everything* and the kitchen sink. Your subscription includes both the website version as well as their mobile version which works perfectly on the Tour (have also used it on a Curve and my World Edition). They also will give you weather briefings by e-mail / sms / IM so it truly works on any phone.

One really great feature is the winds aloft for your route of flight. Once you've set up an aircraft profile (or multiple profiles), you it will calculate your flight times as well. I fly about 350-400 hours a head and can tell you this thing is accurate within a matter of minutes which is pretty incredible. Of course if you get vectored into a holding pattern trying to get into Houston, well then all bets are off on the accuracy of the time

One more bonus feature that I love is it ties into your DUATS account so once you've got your wx briefing, click the button, fill in a few fields, and your flight plan is filed with DUATS. I file this way for every flight I take and have never had one not go properly through the system yet.

I know literally dozens of pilots who use WeatherMeister and swear by it - check it out and let me know what you think once you've given it a whirl.

Lastly, I'm not in any way affiliated with the site, nor will I make one dime if anyone signs up or not. Just spreading the word since I'm such a fan!
    09-13-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the help bppilot. I will definitely check it out. What do you fly?
    09-15-09 02:02 AM
    I've seen a good app out there for aviation weather however its a paid service. it looks pretty good however. I use duats mobile which is free and gets me by. There have been surveys on WSI pilot brief about a mobile app which is hopefully in the works.

I fly a metroliner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:35 AM
    I am not a pilot but a friend of mine is. I feel like I have heard him mention Flight Deck to me before. Other than that, most of what you guys are talking about is over my head, no pun intended lol
    09-15-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD