not a single problem. got mine at the end of august. best blackberry i've owned.
    11-06-09 10:53 PM
    Had mine for 5 weeks and 12hrs... nothing to cry about here. Runs great, trackball is still moving... only thing is the battery door wiggles a little, but unless it is falling off, I'm not going to whine about it. Best smartphone I have ever owned and first BB, not regretting it one bit. I bought the wife a curve three weeks later and she is also digging the BB phones!!
    Sorry I forgot (knock on wood),, lol.
    Last edited by olemil; 11-06-09 at 11:58 PM.
    11-06-09 11:37 PM
    I've heard about some people having some problems just based off some stuff I've read on the internet but I haven't had any problems myself (knock on wood). I've heard about a couple of people having problems with their trackball but not much else other than that.
    11-06-09 11:47 PM
    have had mine for 3 weeks and its build quality is perfect and the OS has been super smooth. got mine at best buy.

it was laggy at first, but i installed quickpull lite and it reboots in the wee hours of the night, and the device works with no lag now throughout the day
    quickpull lite???? can anyone explain? I haven't heard of this before
    11-06-09 11:48 PM
    Not any worth returning. The battery door is loose (fixed with an epik case) and some screen ripple (more so than some others I returned for trackball issues)

I'm happy.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-06-09 11:55 PM
    I love my TOUR....I just got the otterbox defender case for it and now the thing feels indestructible and I'm happy with it and it's working properly now am o.k. till my next upgrade ...I love the Verizon coverage too ...
    11-07-09 12:01 AM
    quickpull lite???? can anyone explain? I haven't heard of this before
    It's an app (available from the CrackBerry app Store) that simumates a battery pull. This clears memory and makes the device perform better. With newer versions you can schedule the reboot for when it is convenient for you (ie an hour before you get up on the morning). There are free and paid versions, but you can easily get by with the free version.

The Tour is a solid device for me NOW.

Initially I had the Reload Software 553 error every time I installed something forcing me to reload the OS every time. Then the device was bricked that time that someone "accidentally" released an OS update via the DM and I used that as an excuse to replace the unit. I didn't think I had trackball problems until I got the new one and compared them. Like night and day. Still had the same Reload Software problems and then out of frustration I installed the leaked OS 5.0.2.230 and it's been rock solid ever since.
    11-07-09 12:15 AM
    Got mine in July. Trackball went haywire in September.......wouldn't "enter/select" when I pressed it & the vertical scroll was hit & miss (more miss) when scrolling up. Sent it back & got a replacement phone. This week the vertical scroll started acting up again on the replacement phone. In order to scroll "north" or "south" I have to scroll to the northeast or southwest...... I was told by Verizon on the 1st phone that it was a "software issue". Question is, did RIM NOT fix it on the replacement phone???? I really like the phone (my 1st BB) but Im not really happy with it. Wish I would have gotten the Storm.
    11-07-09 08:48 AM
    Had mine for almost a month now - I love it!

11-07-09 09:12 AM
    I love the tour I've had mine for about a week and a half. My only issue is that if it's in the holster and I get a call if the number is stored in my contacts the contact's name doesn't come up just their number. When not in the holster the person's name comes up, is anyone else having this problem or has had this problem?
    11-13-09 08:09 PM
    Mine has been perfect, absolutely no complaints

11-13-09 08:11 PM
    Mine works great - USCC babyyy!
    11-13-09 08:53 PM
    I've had mine for 2 weeks after coming from an 8330 Curve and it hasn't had one issue so far. It really does blow away the Curve! Keeping my fingers crossed.

11-13-09 09:30 PM
    Had this phone for about 2 weeks no issue with it at all.

11-14-09 03:51 AM
    Going into my 2nd week and clear of problems ..
    11-14-09 04:13 AM
    No issues here either. When I got mine, I made sure it had the green dot!
    11-14-09 05:25 AM
    I've had mine since September the 1st with no problems other than poor battery life. This is my first Blackberry after coming from Palm os and every flavor of winmo. Its crazy stable!

11-14-09 05:46 AM
    My wife and I both had ours since September. The only problem is that neither will change the cable TV channel. I had a Curve before that and the gps would not work. Gps works great on Tour and have found it very useful a number of times.
    11-14-09 06:43 AM
    Happy with mine so far. It seems to be a great phone (it needs to be a phone 1st - then everything else). The track ball is the track ball....it will stick from time-to time, but never an issue. Apps are great and browser works fine. My only complaint is the key board is a little small for my fat fingers...but the trade off for a smaller over all size is worth it.
    11-14-09 08:44 AM
    About a month now and its great. Of course I'm comparing it to the storm 1, the most problematic phone I've ever owned. This is my second blackberry ever and it easily is the best phone I've ever had.

11-14-09 08:58 AM
    Bought my original Tour the day it was released...went thru 3 replacements because of trackball issues. My current one is dated 9/9/09 and it is great not one issue...Love it and when the Essex comes out I going to pass my Tour to my hubby to replace his curve.
    11-14-09 09:14 AM
    I've replied to threads like this before and said I had no problems.

Now I have to amend that.

I bought an original Tour in July. The battery cover was loose, but no big deal. The trackball worked fine--not as nice as my old 8330, but no problem.

In September, the dreaded trackball issue reared its ugly head. One call to VZW at the end of September brought me a replacement. I've had zero trouble with the replacement. The trackball feels better than my Curve. Even the battery cover is tight.

The bad news? I won an unlock code for my original Tour. The code is non-transferable.
    11-14-09 12:07 PM
    Interesting. This is the second time in 24 hours that I pressed the 'submit' key once, and discover my post was double-posted. First time was last night on my Mac. This time, I was using Bolt on my Tour.

Weird.
    Last edited by Arninetyes; 11-14-09 at 12:11 PM.
    11-14-09 12:08 PM
    Mine works fine! No issues at all
    11-14-09 02:14 PM
    no issues
    11-14-09 02:20 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD