I know there are so many trackball threads, but I haven’t been able to find the answer I am looking for.

If is very difficult to roll my trackball smoothly to the right or down (really in all directions), I have to push down instead of gently being able to roll it, it is very fustrating. I didn't had this problem to recently. This is my third tour (two had the old trackball problem)

I know it sounds like dirty trackball, but I used have all the cleaning methods I know; clean with alcohol pad, rolling on white paper (like old school mouse), using paper strip method and blowing air on it. Some of these help temporarily, but within an hour or less the problem is back.

Any ideas?

If I do get a replacement (through warranty exchange) how are the refurbished tours?
    04-23-10 08:23 AM
    just change your trackball to a curve trackball - much better imo. opening up the phone and to swap it out is really not too difficult to do and there are plenty of youtube tutorial videos to help.
    04-23-10 09:21 AM
    I know there are so many trackball threads, but I haven�t been able to find the answer I am looking for.

If is very difficult to roll my trackball smoothly to the right or down (really in all directions), I have to push down instead of gently being able to roll it, it is very fustrating. I didn't had this problem to recently. This is my third tour (two had the old trackball problem)

I know it sounds like dirty trackball, but I used have all the cleaning methods I know; clean with alcohol pad, rolling on white paper (like old school mouse), using paper strip method and blowing air on it. Some of these help temporarily, but within an hour or less the problem is back.

Any ideas?

If I do get a replacement (through warranty exchange) how are the refurbished tours?
    dont listen to the guys advice above this..... opening up your phone VOIDS your warranty. You need to turn this phone in for warranty and get another Tour it sounds like. I've got plenty of certified-like new phones from verizon without a single problem. I love em... the one I have now has a soft rubber trackball in it which is great
    04-23-10 09:24 AM
    dont listen to the guys advice above this..... opening up your phone VOIDS your warranty. You need to turn this phone in for warranty and get another Tour it sounds like. I've got plenty of certified-like new phones from verizon without a single problem. I love em... the one I have now has a soft rubber trackball in it which is great
    ^ difference in opinion i guess. i've tried the ones with newer soft trackballs like you have.. still think curve trackball is better.
    04-23-10 10:10 AM
    I've had 2 Tours since release day and neither of them have gave me trackball problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 10:20 AM
    I would agree with mj even if you open the phone and replace the trackball if something else happens down the road that you can fix on your own i.e. the return to vendor issue some people are seeing you will have to fork over for a new device and will forgo your warranty. Just take it in and tell them what is occuring and how you have done all the methods available to remedy the situation. they will replace the device for you. As for the refurbs I think they are better quality then some of the release devices.
    04-23-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD