I have skimmed through a bunch of the email outage threads but have not found anything the same as mine. Like everyone else I stopped getting emails yesterday but then around 7:30 this morning I get an email from blackberry that says that I need to revalidate my email by re-entering the password on the email settings section. When I go do that I get "The application has encountered an error and cannot continue". I have tried a battery pull and still getting the same problem. I am on Verizon and it is a GMail account. Thanks.
    09-10-09 08:29 AM
    Anyone????
    09-10-09 10:20 AM
    I believe Verizon is having network issues on the east coast. That may be contributing to your issue.
    09-10-09 10:24 AM
    My other email address is working fine and my co-workers emails are all working fine on their BBs. It is just my gmail account.
    09-10-09 10:50 AM
    I have skimmed through a bunch of the email outage threads but have not found anything the same as mine. Like everyone else I stopped getting emails yesterday but then around 7:30 this morning I get an email from blackberry that says that I need to revalidate my email by re-entering the password on the email settings section. When I go do that I get "The application has encountered an error and cannot continue". I have tried a battery pull and still getting the same problem. I am on Verizon and it is a GMail account. Thanks.
    I have sprint, but have gone threw something similar. Usually I can go to the email settings sign in and update the account that way. But if you have a new tour and are using the previous email from another blackberry device, or just upgraded you have to call your service provider to have them enable the accounts . I hope that helps...
    also there is alot of stuff going on with the verizon too i think...so the most simple way is to give them a call
    09-10-09 11:21 AM
    My other email address is working fine and my co-workers emails are all working fine on their BBs. It is just my gmail account.
    wish i would have gone the the thread a little more... lol .. ok well call your service provider and ask them the website you can go on to update your email accounts manually from your desktop/or laptop... its the same sign in information as you would use in email set up... if you cant get in through that way then its the providers service with the error.
    09-10-09 11:24 AM
    I actually just deleted the gmail account off the bb then reloaded it and it seems to be working now. Thanks for all the suggestions though.
    09-10-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD