Maybe Im just lucky. Manufacture date is July 17th I believe, made in Mexico, not green dot. Trackball has always been perfect. Even on 20 horizontal, its slow but functions 100% fine. Also, no OS lag, no screen ripple, slight, and I mean SLIGHT jiggle to the battery door which I worked around with the tape trick (Im getting the Seidio 2600 so it wont matter anyways). Also no creak on the plastic earpiece, and thats even with taking it off and taking my phone apart twice, and still it seems to have great build quality.

Am I one of the few lucky ones, or should I worry for future problems? Im about 2 weeks into owning it, and I absolutely love it. Its my first BB, coming from the LG Voyager on Verizon. Only problems Ive had are some things I know are just software issues. Reading all the negative topics here really made me nervous at first, but Ive yet to have a real problem.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and hope to be able to provide help as well as I learn more about this spectacular phone. I will never buy a phone outside of blackberry again. If for some reason I cant afford the high verizon bill in the future, Id rather terminate my contract (been with big red for 8 years) and go to Sprint, so I can still have a berry. I dont know how anyone can not love RIM and their great devices.
    09-08-09 06:36 PM
    Where is the Manufacture date printed?
    09-08-09 06:44 PM
    a lot of people have no issues with the Tour.

this is a fourm. people come here to complain and work out problems. People really dont join to praise anything. more then 90% of Tour owners world wide probably have no issues with the Tour
    09-08-09 06:47 PM
    Still on my first with no problem,s and I got it on July 14th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:47 PM
    Thats reassuring to hear mj, I figured as much, I know this is the place to come when or if problems arise. And Pinpoint, its printed on the box it came in. but it would be day/month/year like this: 17/7/09...it may not even have the back slash, I dont recall at the moment. If yours in made in Mexico it will be less likely to be problemmatic from what Ive heard, I may be wrong. Same goes for August manufac. dates as well, and green dots.
    09-08-09 06:49 PM
    It's on the UPC label on your box, just above where the place of manufacture is listed in the lower right hand corner and it's usually listed in international format (DDMMYY) without any slashes.
    09-08-09 06:50 PM
    Anyone and everyone who is on their original Tour and problem free, please post in here. Im sure new owners would love to see at least one reassuring thread in this mess of ones with people having problems.
    09-08-09 06:50 PM
    I just got mine today and no problems so far...

Made July 3rd..
    09-08-09 06:52 PM
    July 3rd, '09 as well. Made in Mexico 5.
    09-08-09 06:54 PM
    My original Tour received on July 14th with a build date of July 9th (Mexico 5) is problem free. Trackball works without any issue. I can make the screen ripple just a bit if I push hard on the BB menu or escape keys when there is a dark color background on the screen. Not a real issue at all.
    09-08-09 06:55 PM
    Woohoo represent those Mexican Blackberrys guys!
    09-08-09 06:56 PM
    Me I guess I'm just lucky it works perfect and I love it.

09-08-09 06:56 PM
    Me too Scott. If I'm in the app world let's say, with dark background, and I press the bb button or back button, very slight ripple. I wouldn't call it a problem for sure.
    09-08-09 06:58 PM
    I've had mine 2wks now with no problems.8-9-09 build date.Mexico.
    09-08-09 06:58 PM
    My tour was made on august 1st 2009.. so it was before the green dots. My trackball works fine no problems and the battery door is on very tight. But reading these forums is definitely making me paranoid!! lol I do have the screen ripple but i didn't even notice until I went on youtube and found a video of what screen ripple looked like. and it really doesn't bother me because you can only see it if you squeeze the phone

here is a picture. i circled the date in red
    09-08-09 06:59 PM
    Thanks guys, this is my first thread and tons of responses all ready. I'm sure I'm not the only on feeling relieved already from the positive words.
    09-08-09 07:01 PM
    Woohoo represent those Mexican Blackberrys guys!
    mine's made in mexico and it is fine, got it the second day after it came out
    the only problem I seem to have is the trackball itself is too smooth and my finger just slips, but I wonder if it's something inside the tb assembly.
    09-08-09 07:04 PM
    I was one of those super happy people but my Tour got the 552 error..... replacement on the way....
    09-08-09 07:06 PM
    had mine since day one and no problems here
    09-08-09 07:08 PM
    mine's made in mexico and it is fine, got it the second day after it came out
    the only problem I seem to have is the trackball itself is too smooth and my finger just slips, but I wonder if it's something inside the tb assembly.
    Is the ball to slick, or is your problem that the ball recedes inward too much? If its the ladder, their all like that. I do wish it didn't recede so much but I'm used to it. Once the essex comes out, Tour owners will be able to order a new key set with trackpad, which I will do immediately.
    09-08-09 07:12 PM
    I still have my 1st Tour and Im rating all functionality at about a 94%...

No screen ripples(only if I press on screen)
    Trackball is 94%(no horizontal issues, 6% vertical)
    Battery Door(tape fix no issue)seidio inno II combo on the way.
    Battery life(outstanding)
    Sprint stock OS(no lagg what so ever)

All in all Im a proud owner of the Sprint Blackberry Tour.
    09-08-09 07:18 PM
    Omg! Finally someone made a topic for happy and problem free tour owners. For a minute I was getting really worried. I've owned my tour for about a week now and have not had one lick of trouble. Build quality, software, and hardware for me are flawless. I'm so relieved. After reading so many threads with people having problems I was beginning to wonder if maybe they just haven't started for me yet. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones and got a good one first try

09-08-09 07:18 PM
    I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones and got a good one first try

i think most people who bought the tour are "the lucky ones." but people who bought the tour and it is doing everything the way it should don't go into the forums and say "hey everyone, my tour is doing exactly what it is suppose to be doing wtf!!" only people who have issues come on here to find solutions
    09-08-09 07:24 PM
    Omg! Finally someone made a topic for happy and problem free tour owners. For a minute I was getting really worried. I've owned my tour for about a week now and have not had one lick of trouble. Build quality, software, and hardware for me are flawless. I'm so relieved. After reading so many threads with people having problems I was beginning to wonder if maybe they just haven't started for me yet. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones and got a good one first try

I knew I wasn't the only one! This may be my first thread, and of course I'm biased towards myself, but sticky this bad boy! With hundreds upon hundreds of negative posts, it will scare away potential buyers.
    09-08-09 07:24 PM
    I got mine on the first Tuesday of release week. No problems.

In all reality, a 5% reject rate would be obnoxiously deadly for an electronics company. On that basis... 95 out of 100 Tour owners at least are on their first Tour.
    09-08-09 07:35 PM
186 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD