KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY FOR DIVESTED AREAS

Alltel confirmed, via their internal site which has been confirmed by Alltel employee's as being visable to them, that the ALLTEL TOUR will be available 8/20.

NOTE: Incorrect in title but can't edit it now. Included S/W is Applications: 4.7.1.40

Everything appears the same. Here is a copy/paste of their posting of info.

Pricing Information:

* One-year price: $299.99, with a $100 mail-in rebate, resulting in a final price of $199.99
    * Non-contract price: $519.99
    * Prepaid pricing is not available
    Key Features:

* New BlackBerry 4.7.1 Applications Environment
    * International Roaming capable
    * Display: High resolution, color HVGA+ Display (480x360)
    * 3.2 MP camera with flash, zoom, and video (video requires a memory card)
    * Advanced media player and Jump Music capable
    * GPS (Global Positioning Services) capable, with purchase of TeleNav application
    * Bluetooth wireless technology
    * 256 MB flash memory
    * Expandable MicroSD memory card slot (up to 16GB SDHC)
    * Speaker Independent Voice Recognition for Voice Activated Dialing
    * Easy-to-use trackball navigation
    Last edited by digitard; 08-17-09 at 02:19 AM.
    08-17-09 02:00 AM
    Yay i wish it's going to be 5.0
    08-17-09 02:05 AM
    KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY FOR DIVESTED AREAS

I'm not sure of the "shipped" software version, but version 4.7.1.77 is available on Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com for the device which puts a newer version than the Verizon version.

the .77 is just the package version. Verizon is the same. you look at the software platform which is .40 and is the exact same as sprint and verizon.
    08-17-09 02:15 AM
    Bastards! They tricked me (I was just reading the general info I hadn't read the full details). I probably should've spent more than 1.5 seconds on that page it says (Applications: 4.7.1.40) on there.

Thanks for the info! Good to know.
    08-17-09 02:15 AM
    ... And what exactly is a Divested area? Makes me think of digestion, and I don't want to get eaten up
    08-17-09 02:16 AM
    no problem man
    08-17-09 02:17 AM
    ... And what exactly is a Divested area? Makes me think of digestion, and I don't want to get eaten up
    When Alltel was purchased by Verizon it had to split up part of the company and sell those off to other groups as part of their agreements.

Non-Divested refers to the area's absorbed by Verizon. Those area's will have the Verizon Tour as they're all converting over to Verizon (or already have).

Divested are the area's that were sold off to two other groups (ATT & another one) which haven't taken over yet. So those areas will be getting their own ALLTEL branded version since they're not part of Verizon, and not yet approved/purchased by ATT/etc.
    08-17-09 02:19 AM
    Ahhh. Okay, that makes sense. I thought Alltel was wholly bought out by Verizon. Guess you learn something new every day!
    08-17-09 04:33 AM
    08-17-09 05:45 PM
    would there be any advantage by getting the Alltel tour vs the Verzion one? Will it be locked down like Im assuming the Verizon one is?
    08-17-09 06:14 PM
    Verizon Tour is not locked down whatsoever, seems like Sprint users are actually having more GPS problems than Verizon users. How is that rumor/stereotype not dead yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:53 PM
    I dont have any experience with BBs, on verizon or otherwise. This will be my first smartphone. When I say locked down I was referring to how verizon generally denies you the ability to load anything on the phones that didnt come from their overpriced "get it now" service. Im mostly referring to ringtones, as thats what im having trouble with now with my current phone.
    For example I have some ringtones id like to have on my current phone, they're in MP3 format, when I message them to my phone the network automatically changes them to a low quality format that cannot be used for rigtones. Another, I tried my new SDHC card in my GFs Envy2 to see if the ringtone would work on that. The phone recognized the card, recognized something was on it, but refused to recognize the file as a ringtone, music, sound or anything else for that matter. Instances like this are the things Im referring to when I say Verizon locks down their phones. Its something that always really baked me about Verizon, but I deal with it because their network is the best. you can have all the cool ringtones, wallpapers and whatever else on your phone, but if it doesnt make a call when you need it to its not worth very much, so Ive just accepted it.
    Are their smartphones not like this? Im not trying to perpetuate a rumor, this is just the experience ive had with many other Verizon phones.
    08-17-09 07:26 PM
    The lockdown you're talking about isnt specific to Verizon. Just about all carriers do that to their "dumb phones". Doesn't apply to WinMo/Blackberry or PALM OS phones generally. They're open.
    08-17-09 08:23 PM
    great. See Ive always heard about people on att sprint and the like being able to do things on their phone I couldnt do with mine, maybe its not true, I know it was in the past.
    08-18-09 11:59 AM
    Available with purchase of Telenav?! Are they talking turn by turn navigation, or the GPS in general, because having a Pearl I've had to deal with this gray area before.

All I want is to be able to get into BBMaps and get a lock within a few seconds. That'd be great.
    08-18-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD