Considering Verizon and Alltell are still competing against each other. If you purchased an alltell one it would extend your alltell contract (which, if you're non-divested) would come over to Verizon in the merger. This would mean you would get an alltell Tour on the VzW network after the merger. Verizon is not going to replace all the alltell tours with VzW tours.

You do not have a choice between the alltell/VzW tour. If you're currently on alltell you get alltell, if you're on Verizon.. you get Verizon.
    I received a letter from Verizon stating that on July 11th Alltel would be changed to Verizon. Since the Tour DOESN'T come out until the 12th, I will officially be a Verizon customer and thus, HAVE TO GET A VERIZON TOUR. Anybody else have this understanding as well?
    06-30-09 04:11 PM
    Yes. You will be getting a Verizon tour due to the timeframe.
    06-30-09 04:12 PM
    You guys are funny thinking that Verizon is going to make all Alltel customers change over to a Verizon plan and Verizon phones. As part of the terms of the aquisition, Verizon agreed to honor Alltel's contracts that are already in place.....all I know is I will not be switching to Verizon and if Alltel releases the 9630 before July 31, I will be purchasing that version......I guess we shall see, but seeing how we just added two Alltel 8230s on our account this month and extended our Alltel contracts I have a feeling the tour upgrade process will be the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea but that's applies to excisting contracts. If you want to upgrade your phone and sign a new contract then you will be rolled over to the vz plans and phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:14 PM
    I think that many people fail to realize that many Alltel employees will be out of a job sooner that later. I have a feeling that many of them will have no problem breaking rules for customers because ultimately they will be out of a job either way.
    07-01-09 10:28 AM
    I think that many people fail to realize that many Alltel employees will be out of a job sooner that later. I have a feeling that many of them will have no problem breaking rules for customers because ultimately they will be out of a job either way.
    Some of them will become Verizon employees.
    07-01-09 11:24 AM
    There are a whole bunch of misconceptions being thrown around this thread.

Retained (non-divested) Alltel employees are becoming Verizon employees

Alltel phones will be slowly pushed off Verizon's network (I believe it has something to do with there being a slight difference in the way the phones access data), but customer's definitely won't be forced to switch phones once they migrate to the Verizon billing system (5+ million customers just migrated this past weekend, and believe me, they're not all getting new phones.

As for customers who migrated over, but are no longer on a contract, they should be able to keep their current rate plan, but if they ever decide to upgrade, they will be upgraded to a Verizon phone and Verizon plan.
    07-16-09 03:46 AM
    here in my area in NE oHIo I am still on Alltel, I have been told nothing will change until sometime after Oct .

I was also told the TOUR is coming to Alltel sometime in mid to late Aug.
    08-13-09 08:51 AM
    There are a whole bunch of misconceptions being thrown around this thread.

Retained (non-divested) Alltel employees are becoming Verizon employees

Alltel phones will be slowly pushed off Verizon's network (I believe it has something to do with there being a slight difference in the way the phones access data), but customer's definitely won't be forced to switch phones once they migrate to the Verizon billing system (5+ million customers just migrated this past weekend, and believe me, they're not all getting new phones.

As for customers who migrated over, but are no longer on a contract, they should be able to keep their current rate plan, but if they ever decide to upgrade, they will be upgraded to a Verizon phone and Verizon plan.
    That's not true for those people that currently have a Blackberry plan through Alltel. I for one am a perfect example as I have the Tour and I am still on a Smartchoice plan through Alltel and did not switch over to a Verizon plan.....The exceptions that I was informed of are for current Alltel Blackberry customers who want to upgrade to a Verizon Blackberry and dumbphone users who want to upgrade to another dumbphone. Other than that, you will need to switch to a Verizon plan from what I understand....
    08-13-09 09:40 AM
    08-17-09 06:02 PM
    Very Nice!
    08-17-09 06:05 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD