So yesterday, I go to grab my Tour and I see that the "x" key is not there...

It's gone

I love my blackberry.. the trackball is great.. everything is great

So now Im gonna have to replace this ****, I'm just wondering if the tours being released now are solid in the hardware dept..

AKA... ARE TRACKBALLS WORKING ON NEW TOURS?

lol

thanks!
    01-06-10 07:48 AM
    Got mine 1 week ago everything is good.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 07:52 AM
    from what I have been reading by the Tour users in the Forums, (which could be biased statements) the later models of the Tour 9630 have indeed been rock solid since RIM has had time to make improvements from the initial releases.
    01-06-10 07:58 AM
    good to hear.. thanks guys
    01-06-10 08:10 AM
    From all the one's I have seen, even brand new the battery door is still loose.
    01-06-10 10:09 AM
    lol how pathetic is that?

i mean really... cmon
    01-06-10 10:15 AM
    Nope. That's been fixed, too.
    01-06-10 10:24 AM
    Nope. That's been fixed, too.
    now im gettin excited
    01-06-10 10:35 AM
    well i received my tour in the mail yesterday. I wasn't pleased that it had 4.7 so i immediately upgraded to 5.0, but my battery door isn't loose at all. Haven't had any trackball problems also
    01-06-10 10:59 AM
    nice..

im def bringing this to the store.. hopefully they'll replace it there.. i dont wanna wait for one in the mail
    01-06-10 11:02 AM
    I rec'd mine on Monday and so far not one issue. Battery life is great too.
    01-06-10 11:04 AM
    Got mine yesterday and it is solid and I love it

01-06-10 11:23 AM
    Got mine 12/24.. Solid.. No problems at all..

01-06-10 11:36 AM
    i just don't understand why people will not just wait for the Tour 2 release...
    01-06-10 11:36 AM
    i just don't understand why people will not just wait for the Tour 2 release...
    well, because I had to switch providers and pick a new phone. Simple as that. If I want a Tour 2, then I will purchase one after the kinks are worked out.
    01-06-10 11:49 AM
    Yes, they've been built more solid overall (trackball, battery door) since release. But I have one serious annoyance on my 'later' built current Tour, and that is the poor speakerphone quality even at moderate volume... in that it buzzes. I know that mobile phone speakerphones aren't the best, but I think that especially for otherwise VERY solid BlackBerry devices, the speakerphone is pathetic.

I had this same issue on my very first 'early' build unit too, and it was even worse than my current device.

I actually received a refurb'd unit from Verizon 2 days ago (based on the buzzing speakerphone issue) but I have yet to even switch to it or activate, been busy. Perhaps tonight, and I can update then.

Also... it's not just the buzzing on speakerphones calls, but I also get buzzing from the same speaker on CERTAIN alert sounds. My ringtone sounds solid and clear, but for example my calendar and SMS alert chime in with a buzz... really doubt this would bother a whole lot of people, but the speakerphone part at least is unacceptable.

I am hoping this refurb unit is solid to that end. But I can tell the replacement unit's keyboard is mushier/softer than my snappier current one (originally a brand new unit).

I have to say though, like virtually all refurb comments I've read have been positive, in that these replacement units seem to be of better quality!
    01-06-10 02:43 PM
    well i received my tour in the mail yesterday. I wasn't pleased that it had 4.7 so i immediately upgraded to 5.0, but my battery door isn't loose at all. Haven't had any trackball problems also
    Not sure why you 'weren't pleased' about your Tour having OS 4.7 on it, as there is no official 5.0 OS released yet, from either of the Carriers or even RIM for that matter.

Sorry if that's not what you meant.... just wanted to clarify anyway.

Enjoy your Tour.
    01-06-10 02:49 PM
    Got my Tour 12/27 and I love it. I do have a couple issues however...

Battery door is loose but I don't care. I stacked up some pieces of clear tape (about 12-15) on the battery and inside bottom of the battery door and it fixed it.

I've also got the typical headphone jack problem but I plan on getting some bluetooth headphones anyway so (for me) it's not an issue. The problem in case you aren't aware is a poor connection with headphones that are not designed for the phone, i.e. Blackberry headphones. Some brands work fine and some don't.

Other than that, everything else is great. No trackball issues whatsoever, great signal (Jackson MS on Cellular South provider)
    01-06-10 03:09 PM
    Bought mine 11/4/09 and no problems so far. The trackball has seemed slick and took a moment to catch up, but it is really minor and few and far between. Solid phone. At first I was mad about the Tour 2 coming out, but I really love my phone, esp after upgrading to 5.419
    01-06-10 03:10 PM
    lol how pathetic is that?

i mean really... cmon
    It's pathetic that people constantly complain about this when it has absolutely no affect on device useability/features/functions/reliability of the device. And as far as I'm concerned it has no affect on the device reliability either. It is one very minor cosmetic flaw that is overshadowed by many many positives of the device. A loose battery door is something I can live with. A storm with a poor clicking touch screen I can't.
    Last edited by tduffysd; 01-06-10 at 03:54 PM.
    01-06-10 03:36 PM
    I am perfectly satisfied with my Tour. I was one of the first to buy one. The first one I had experienced the trackball issues that many people had. Early September upon learning about the green dot tours being sent out with the trackball supposedly fixed, i called verizon and got the phone replaced. It was replaced with a green dot Tour and I haven't looked back. I am still carrying that phone and couldn't be happier. I was using 5.0.0.230 os ever since it was leaked and upgraded to .419 the other day. .230 was decent but as far as I'm concerned Verizon might as well officially release .419 because it is awesome. Yes, the Tour2 will have the trackpad. But I have had users at work who have the Curve2 struggle with the track pad in bright sunlight and also in the winter now when their fingers are cold.
    Last edited by tduffysd; 01-06-10 at 03:51 PM.
    01-06-10 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD