I talked to Newbreed today (the company handling our warranty replacements) and they only have stock of BRAND NEW NON-REFURBISHED GREEN DOT TOURS.... So stop whining, escalating and calling in twenty times until your tempertantrum gets you that new Tour because you're wasting your time.... You're getting the same exact piece of equipment you would have gotten in a new box BACK COVER INCLUDED.... They even sent me pictures these units are brand new green dot with secured backplate and enhanced trackball.. So all those who said "keep calling until you get new" can keep your opinions to yourself now, if you're still not convinced I can post the pics when I get back to my office today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 10:53 AM
    I just got a "green dot 9630" from NewBreed today in the mail as my 3rd replacement and it definitely did not come with a new battery cover, seems to be working great though. I was just a bit disappointed that i didnt get the "new and enhanced" battery door. The only date on the box says "09/04/09", on the phone it self it has a round sticker under the batt. that says 9/9, so maybe my phone is just a few days old?
    09-15-09 11:03 AM
    forgot to add that my replacement came in a "Certified Like-New Replacement" little white box. Is that what they are all being shipped in regardless of refurb or new stock?
    09-15-09 11:05 AM
    Yeah they all come in the refurb boxes. When you called did you specify an issue with the battery door? They may not send the battery doors to those who don't have an issue with theirs.

09-15-09 11:14 AM
    Please post up the pics when you get a chance. If you could get a closeup shot of the inside of the battery cover, that would be great.
    09-15-09 12:10 PM
    OP, naw, no real problem with the battery door so i made no mention of it. I assumed from reading on here from a few people that it would come with it automatically. Thanks for the clarification on the White Box.

I'm Pleased.
    09-15-09 12:27 PM
    I talked to Newbreed today (the company handling our warranty replacements) and they only have stock of BRAND NEW NON-REFURBISHED GREEN DOT TOURS.... So stop whining, escalating and calling in twenty times until your tempertantrum gets you that new Tour because you're wasting your time.... You're getting the same exact piece of equipment you would have gotten in a new box BACK COVER INCLUDED.... They even sent me pictures these units are brand new green dot with secured backplate and enhanced trackball.. So all those who said "keep calling until you get new" can keep your opinions to yourself now, if you're still not convinced I can post the pics when I get back to my office today.

the green dot Tours don't have all the problems fixed. I recieved one yesterday and the battery door was very loose.
    09-15-09 01:02 PM
    So can I do this with Sprint if I am out of my 30 days and dont have the insurance?
    09-15-09 02:20 PM
    the green dot Tours don't have all the problems fixed. I recieved one yesterday and the battery door was very loose.
    I'm not saying they're perfect, I'm saying there exactly the same thing that someone who calls customer service a million times until they finally get one new in box. These are the same phones, just no shiney box.

Ok, here are the pictures I promised... Sorry they're not very good they were taken with a cell phone. As you can see came in brand new condition, ran the MEID to verify it wasnt' a refurb. It came with a tight as can be back cover and the trackball works like a charm. So give up, right now Certified Like New, is NEW... Verizon's not trying to pull a fast one on anyone, or lie there way out of anything. Its not even their warranty after the 30th day its Research in Motions warranty, if you're not happy call them.
    09-15-09 02:40 PM
    I know your username has the word 'Angry' in it..but calm down the tone a tad bit regarding people who think they have to call in repeatedly to get the type of phone they want.

You can't blame the customer/consumer..you're one and I'm one..it's better to have a "buyer beware" approach than to have one of non-assured assumptions.
    09-15-09 02:46 PM
    I'm not saying they're perfect, I'm saying there exactly the same thing that someone who calls customer service a million times until they finally get one new in box. These are the same phones, just no shiney box.

Ok, here are the pictures I promised... Sorry they're not very good they were taken with a cell phone. As you can see came in brand new condition, ran the MEID to verify it wasnt' a refurb. It came with a tight as can be back cover and the trackball works like a charm. So give up, right now Certified Like New, is NEW... Verizon's not trying to pull a fast one on anyone, or lie there way out of anything. Its not even their warranty after the 30th day its Research in Motions warranty, if you're not happy call them.
    Not to bust your bubble but.....the sticker says FRU and FRU Means .....Field Replaceable Unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are NOT new. Now that being said I got mine and my wifes replaced with brand new in the box COMPLETE tours.....

Fail
    09-15-09 03:09 PM
    Not to bust your bubble but.....the sticker says FRU and FRU Means .....Field Replaceable Unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are NOT new. Now that being said I got mine and my wifes replaced with brand new in the box COMPLETE tours.....

Fail
    field replaceable unit does not equal refurb. the wikipedia article you referenced in no way says that by definition an FRU is refurbed.

fail
    09-15-09 03:14 PM
    Ahhh when you REPLACE the circuit board what have you done? Refurbed the unit......

A Field Replaceable Unit or FRU is a circuit board, part or assembly that can be quickly and easily removed from a personal computer or other piece of electronic equipment, and replaced by the user or a technician without having to send the entire product or system to a repair facility.
    FRUs are not strictly confined to computers but are also part of many high-end, lower volume consumer and commercial products. For example, in military aviation, electronic components of line-replaceable units, typically known as shop-replaceable units (SRUs), are repaired at field-service backshops, usually by a "remove and replace" repair procedure, with specialized repair performed at centralized repair depots or by the OEM.
    09-15-09 03:15 PM
    Ahhh when you REPLACE the circuit board what have you done? Refurbed the unit......

A Field Replaceable Unit or FRU is a circuit board, part or assembly that can be quickly and easily removed from a personal computer or other piece of electronic equipment, and replaced by the user or a technician without having to send the entire product or system to a repair facility.
    FRUs are not strictly confined to computers but are also part of many high-end, lower volume consumer and commercial products. For example, in military aviation, electronic components of line-replaceable units, typically known as shop-replaceable units (SRUs), are repaired at field-service backshops, usually by a "remove and replace" repair procedure, with specialized repair performed at centralized repair depots or by the OEM.
    you're making quite the assumption that you know what FRU stands for in this circumstance. could it mean something else? factory replacement unit possibly?
    09-15-09 03:17 PM
    NO it is a Field Replacement Unit and they did this with the Storm.......

If it doesn't come in the BOX with ALL the Accessories it is NOT new don't believe the BS like they save money by sending it to you in a cardboard box. I went down this road with Exec Relations about my storm and they sent me a Brand Spankin new unit in the Box with all accessories.......

FRU's can come from test units, returns (people who didn't like the phone), filed reps who had them, etc......
    Last edited by spaciorek; 09-15-09 at 03:21 PM.
    09-15-09 03:19 PM
    NO it is a Field Replacement Unit and they did this with the Storm.......
    i'm sorry all-knowing-one, i will never question you again.
    09-15-09 03:21 PM
    FRU's can come from test units, returns (people who didn't like the phone), filed reps who had them, etc......
    FRUs are not complete devices, they are components that can be replaced in a product, correct? If they were sending you the circuit board to replace, then yes, I can see this being a "field replaceable unit", but because it's not a part you're replacing, that goes against it being the FRU you're referring to.
    09-15-09 03:31 PM
    I finally got mine replaced with a green dot after being told I had to go to the store to get it replaced (3 times) since I was within the 30 day window. Since I was out of the 30 days, they shipped one to me. Date of manuf. is 8/27/09 and it looks like new. It came with the battery door. This is my 4th Tour and it works great. I'm satisfied now.
    09-15-09 04:15 PM
    I finally got mine replaced with a green dot after being told I had to go to the store to get it replaced (3 times) since I was within the 30 day window. Since I was out of the 30 days, they shipped one to me. Date of manuf. is 8/27/09 and it looks like new. It came with the battery door. This is my 4th Tour and it works great. I'm satisfied now.
    Is the battery door snug as a bug in a rug?
    09-15-09 04:36 PM
    tool...you have a refurb. get over it. the battery door is a real problem for me. i have had two that only had a slight wiggle when i got them, only to get worse as i used them.

the electric tape fix only made it worse. it stopped the battery door from moving, but that is not the real issue. the real problem is that there is space between the back of the phone and the keyboard. when you put tape on the phone, the space increases.

the space makes the keyboard and buttons spongy and harder to press. my current tour is a green dot tour and the back door is starting to get looser and looser.
    09-15-09 04:46 PM
    tool...you have a refurb. get over it. the battery door is a real problem for me. i have had two that only had a slight wiggle when i got them, only to get worse as i used them.

the electric tape fix only made it worse. it stopped the battery door from moving, but that is not the real issue. the real problem is that there is space between the back of the phone and the keyboard. when you put tape on the phone, the space increases.

the space makes the keyboard and buttons spongy and harder to press. my current tour is a green dot tour and the back door is starting to get looser and looser.
    correction, i do NOT have a refurb. i have the same one i was shipped from verizon when i bought new in july. i just got in to this thread because the FRU **** didn't make sense to me.
    09-15-09 04:54 PM
    Mine was having the usual track ball problems so I went into the store handed them the phone and they gave me a "Brand New" green dot replacement with a perfectly snug battery door. Go do it! It's worth it. Everything works perfect.
    09-15-09 05:03 PM
    So can I do this with Sprint if I am out of my 30 days and dont have the insurance?
    Folks seem to forget these phones still have a ONE YEAR warranty on them. You can still exercise your warranty options after 30 days. Whether you get brand new or refurb is someone else again.
    09-15-09 06:45 PM

Fail
    Oh wow Wikipedia said that??? I didn't know wikipedia was always right, I mean since I could say I was the 22nd president of the US on wikipedia.... Epic Fail. That and the fact I work for the comapny... They are brand new units that have never been used that were sent from RIM because of all the faults in the initial shipment we didn't have enough FRU stock. And Verizon doesn't say FRU they say CLNR so do your homework before you play fact checker...

09-15-09 09:03 PM
    Oh wow Wikipedia said that??? I didn't know wikipedia was always right, I mean since I could say I was the 22nd president of the US on wikipedia.... Epic Fail. That and the fact I work for the comapny... They are brand new units that have never been used that were sent from RIM because of all the faults in the initial shipment we didn't have enough FRU stock. And Verizon doesn't say FRU they say CLNR so do your homework before you play fact checker...

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."
    09-15-09 10:30 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD