Let's not forget to back up our devices first.
    03-29-10 06:29 PM
    For sure! Gonna be a lot of tired people at work in the morning.
    03-29-10 07:20 PM
    unless you have the day off like I do HA !
    03-29-10 07:55 PM
    what a waste of spacr
    03-29-10 08:04 PM
    Done and done. You can never be too sure when something goes awry.
    03-29-10 08:11 PM
    Let's not forget to back up our devices first.
    And, plug our usb cables into our phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 08:11 PM
    Anyone else feel like yer 5 years old again and waitin' for Santa Clause?
    03-29-10 08:17 PM
    I always back up my device!!! I have 350 contacts!!! As well as emails amd etc I would die if I had to remember all of them!!! and USB STAYS next to my phone!
    03-29-10 08:20 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.419, should I wipe the phone with BBSAK and then install the upgrade.

Or should I just go ahead and just skip it and run the upgrade over .419?
    03-29-10 09:00 PM
    Besides PTT, what is verizons 5.0 going to have that MTS's doesn't? I don't get what all the hype is with this vzw OS. Seriously irritating. Using MTS's 5.0 did not void any warranties... it only caused one tech support issue with the mobile banking application. why would anybody wait until now for 5.0 when they could have been using it for months??????
    03-29-10 09:39 PM
    Besides PTT, what is verizons 5.0 going to have that MTS's doesn't? I don't get what all the hype is with this vzw OS. Seriously irritating. Using MTS's 5.0 did not void any warranties... it only caused one tech support issue with the mobile banking application. why would anybody wait until now for 5.0 when they could have been using it for months??????
    Get the most out of your BlackBerry Tour. Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for your BlackBerry� Tour� smartphone. The Research In Motion� (RIM�) 5.0.0 release 1002 (platform 4.2.0.272/applications 5.0.0.591) update will make using your BlackBerry Tour even more enjoyable. Verizon Wireless and RIM encourage you to
    upgrade to OS version 5.0 today.

SOFTWARE UPDATE

Enjoy improved performance with the following updates.
    *Camera
    Smoother operation in both camera and video applications.
    * Calling
    − Improved Bluetooth� functionality for last number dialed.
    − Enhanced functionality for Voice Activated Dialing in both French and English.
    − Improved missed call log now shows missed Call Waiting calls.
    − Upgraded Call Waiting caller ID and call timer.
    * Messaging
    − Improved functionality for reading, sending, forwarding, and deleting SMS messages.
    − Corrected in-box display when device is used with a holster.
    *Media
    − Better video streaming functionality.
    − Enhanced display for MMS messages containing both video and text.
    − Improved multitasking ability while streaming and downloading videos from YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..
    *Basic operations
    − Improved operation during charging.
    − Simplified key-lock functionality. A password is no longer needed unless a security timeout has occurred.
    − Improved GPS connectivity when using third-party mapping applications.
    − Push to Talk�capable.
    03-29-10 09:50 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.419, should I wipe the phone with BBSAK and then install the upgrade.

Or should I just go ahead and just skip it and run the upgrade over .419?
    i have the same question to. Anyone???
    03-29-10 10:02 PM
    If you want a total clean install then yes, wipe with bbsak. otherwise just do the upgrade.
    03-29-10 10:04 PM
    .591 is showing on my wireless update...will wait for DM though.
    03-29-10 10:07 PM
    Get the most out of your BlackBerry Tour. Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for your BlackBerry� Tour� smartphone. The Research In Motion� (RIM�) 5.0.0 release 1002 (platform 4.2.0.272/applications 5.0.0.591) update will make using your BlackBerry Tour even more enjoyable. Verizon Wireless and RIM encourage you to
    upgrade to OS version 5.0 today.

SOFTWARE UPDATE

Enjoy improved performance with the following updates.
    *Camera
    Smoother operation in both camera and video applications.
    * Calling
    ? Improved Bluetooth� functionality for last number dialed.
    ? Enhanced functionality for Voice Activated Dialing in both French and English.
    ? Improved missed call log now shows missed Call Waiting calls.
    ? Upgraded Call Waiting caller ID and call timer.
    * Messaging
    ? Improved functionality for reading, sending, forwarding, and deleting SMS messages.
    ? Corrected in-box display when device is used with a holster.
    *Media
    ? Better video streaming functionality.
    ? Enhanced display for MMS messages containing both video and text.
    ? Improved multitasking ability while streaming and downloading videos from YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..
    *Basic operations
    ? Improved operation during charging.
    ? Simplified key-lock functionality. A password is no longer needed unless a security timeout has occurred.
    ? Improved GPS connectivity when using third-party mapping applications.
    ? Push to Talk�capable.
    All they're talking about there are improvements over their last release of 4.7.

Its not something new to anyone already using a 5.0 os.

03-29-10 10:13 PM
    Looks like the same version .591 that I loaded on my phone last week. BTW, when I click on Push to Talk I get an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error.
    03-29-10 10:18 PM
    What's the best program to use to backup my device before I upgrade?
    03-29-10 10:29 PM
    What's the best program to use to backup my device before I upgrade?
    Desktop manager for your data (contacts sms emails etc)

bbsak for your third party apps
    03-29-10 10:32 PM
    Desktop manager for your data (contacts sms emails etc)

bbsak for your third party apps
    Thanks. Anything special I have to do with bbsak, or is the backup process straight forward?
    03-29-10 10:37 PM
    you big red users are going to be disappointed on this relesase just keep ur regular .484 (sprint update lol) or .591 leak intil 5.1 or 6.0 comes out for the tour my 484 is working like a grad champ right know
    03-29-10 10:40 PM
    Amen berryfit!

03-29-10 10:44 PM
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are running a leaked OS on your Verizon Tour, you WILL NOT be able to do the OTA update. Only people running official OS from Verizon will be able to do the OTA update. This happened to my Bold on AT&T, I had to wait several days until the file was posted on the RIM site.

This concludes this service announcment
    03-29-10 10:49 PM
    actually right now in Arizona it is 8:49 p.m. and mine is upgrading now.....
    03-29-10 10:50 PM
    Thanks. Anything special I have to do with bbsak, or is the backup process straight forward?
    The official how to for backing up 3rd party apps with BBSAK. This is a long and involved process so be patient.

Here we go:

open bbsak -> connect blackberry via USB -> click connect button on bbsak -> click backup apps.
    03-29-10 10:50 PM
    The official how to for backing up 3rd party apps with BBSAK. This is a long and involved process so be patient.

Here we go:

open bbsak -> connect blackberry via USB -> click connect button on bbsak -> click backup apps.
    lmao.... nice one

Yeah, it is that easy! Just remember that if you ever want to back them up again you should change the original backup folder name. BBSAK always backs up to the same folder, so once you do it you should change that folders name.
    03-29-10 10:58 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD