My brother gave me his Aliph Jabra bluetooth earpiece that he got for free with a package he bought for his Storm. I love this little style, and fits easy in my ear. My issue is that when I'm on a call, I hear a digital beeping, kind of llke a skipping sound. Is this common with all bluetooth earpieces or just this one? Is there a fix for this?
    08-23-09 09:36 PM
    Do you mean Jawbone? Aliph and Jabra are 2 separate companies. (I think?!?) Aliph makes the Jawbone line of earpieces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 10:04 PM
    I guess it's just the jabra, not sure where I got Aliph from.
    Anyone know if their bluetooth makes this digital distortion?
    08-23-09 11:36 PM
    A Jawbone is curvy on the inside (i.e. side toward your cheek) and has a little tab that actually touches your cheek, hence the name.
    Jabra makes a huge array of models, but I believe most if not all say Jabra on them.

Anyhow, no this is not expected or accepted performance of a Bluetooth earpiece. It is however likely the result of the known Bluetooth connection issues with the Tour, which are expected to be resolved with an eagerly awaited OS update.

You can always try pairing your headset with someone else's cellphone, and trying someone else's headset with yours too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD