Having some trouble understanding the alerts and profiles with the new tour. I have my SMS, MMS, and Email set up with some different alert sounds (custom ones) and sometimes they vibrate twice and then make the sound and then sometimes it just vibrates?

Same thing with calls, I have some custom ringtones set up with certain callers and they seem to work but it will vibrate a few times before doing the ringtone and then as soon as I take it out of the holster it stops ringing?

Is there a way to get it to ring and vibrate at the same time instead of vibrating first for a few times before ringing? And I would like it to continue ringing even when I take it out of the holster. I thought I set up the info correct under the ringers section?

Michael
    07-13-09 10:33 AM
    I think you have to get an app to vibrate AND ring. I forget what its called. But hey, atleast you are a little closer to your goal eh?
    07-13-09 07:36 PM
    Having some trouble understanding the alerts and profiles with the new tour. I have my SMS, MMS, and Email set up with some different alert sounds (custom ones) and sometimes they vibrate twice and then make the sound and then sometimes it just vibrates?

Same thing with calls, I have some custom ringtones set up with certain callers and they seem to work but it will vibrate a few times before doing the ringtone and then as soon as I take it out of the holster it stops ringing?

Is there a way to get it to ring and vibrate at the same time instead of vibrating first for a few times before ringing? And I would like it to continue ringing even when I take it out of the holster. I thought I set up the info correct under the ringers section?

Michael
    Separate app will ring and vibrate for you. As for ringing out of the holster, it may be a time issue. Basically your phone will do what you have it set to do for a certain amount of time (vibrate, Ring etc) before going to voice mail. Other than that, I would only think that having it set to auto answer call out of holster would do that, but then you would know this because it would answer.
    07-13-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD