I have the 9630 Tour running a hybrid OS5.?? that works great for most things, but I have this one issue that I don't know if it is OS related, or something else. When using a headset, via bluetooth, or plugging in a cord, the alerts and ringtones only come through the handset speaker.

The reason this is important is that I have my phone plugged into my intercom system on my motorcycle to pipe music to my helmet. This gives me the capability to talk on the phone, listen to music, or use it for GPS guidance. What happens is I can play the music or talk on the phone, but when an e-mail or txt or even a reminder pops up, the audio will pause, play that alert through the handset speaker, then resume my music. This is really annoying because if I'm not listening to music, I don't hear anything when these come in.

I have seen a few other people with similar issues, but no solution yet. Any ideas?
    03-16-10 01:48 PM
    Sorry i dont have a solution to this but i think it might be a os thing because i have had the same problem and havnt ever been able to figure it out. My bluetooth headset plays a sound (not my profile sounds) when i get a call but any other sound, email, text, mms, or whatever, it only plays through the phone not the headset, which is annoying. Wish there was a way to change this, hopefully someone might have a solution.
    03-16-10 03:16 PM
    Working as designed.
    03-16-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD