For some strange reason all my alert for phone calls, sms, mms, emails will change to the ringtones that I set to, but the bbm (4.7) will always play the same ringtone even I change it to a different one.

Does anyone know why it does this?
    08-03-09 12:23 PM
    I had a similar issue (BB Messenger alerts not changing) . . . so what I found was that I changed the alert sound, did a battery pull / reboot and only afterward did the alert sound changes take effect.
    08-03-09 03:42 PM
    I'll try that right now. Thanks
    08-07-09 12:29 AM
    Also, I know this sounds too easy but several people set their alerts and then use a different profile. For instance they will set their normal profile and then select the loud profile they haven't set up yet
    08-07-09 12:31 AM
    IT'S STILL NOT WORKING! This is driving me nuts because it seems like I'm dong something wrong but I can't tell what it is.
    here's what I'm doing:

1. from the main screen, I use the trackball the goto the sound profile to select "normal"
    2. then I go back and click "Select rintones/alerts"
    3. I pick the alert tone that I like and "save"

and I even tried battery pull. and it's still playing the default bbm alert tone.

Can anyone help?
    08-08-09 12:00 AM
    bump...anyone figure this out yet?
    09-06-09 10:29 PM
    i read something a while back because i was having the same issue and if i remember correctly you have to:

1. change the ringtone to something you dont want
    2. do a battery pull
    3. change the ringtone to what you want it to be

if it doesnt work then, try another battery pull.

if it doesnt work after that, i didnt remember correctly and i apologize
    09-06-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD