I recently downlaoded a bunch of ringtones off of the internet, and I also recently added another email account to my tour. I Assigned different alert tones to the 2 email addresses, sms messages, bbm messages, and facebook alerts. I have found that when I get a message, and the assigned alert tone is activated, as soon as that tone turns off anoter different alert is then activated. I cannot figure out why or how to prevent this from happening.
    06-22-10 09:38 PM
    What OS version is on the device?
    06-22-10 09:43 PM
    I believe it is a 5.0
    06-22-10 10:09 PM
    On the home screen, hit alt+right caps key+h. Look for "app version". Tell us that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 10:11 PM
    It sounds like .591. I would suggest upgrading to the latest Verizon OS.
    06-22-10 10:50 PM
    it says next to app version: 5.0.0.591 but I just finished downloading the update. Pretty much what happens is that I will get a text and the alert I set will go off; then when i tough the key pad the proper alert stops playing and another unrelated alert/tone is activated. I have downloaded a lot of images, ringtones, and themes recently so I'm not sure if that could be a part of it??
    06-22-10 11:03 PM
    What you're experiencing is a very, very well known flaw in Verizon's 591 OS. You need to get rid of 5.0.0.591 OS to permanently solve the problem. My current choice (believe it or not) is the 5.0.0.732 VZW official OS.

If you have a PC, you can do what I do when changing OS:

Here are the steps I recommend taking to upgrade/downgrade your BB's OS using a PC. (If you have a Mac, you're on your own unfortunately as I've not used them).

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Now you can go to add/remove programs and uninstall any BB OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed a BB OS using this computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you have chosen to use (the file you are downloading is an executable installer file which you must run after downloading it to install it on your PC).

After making sure you have made your backups as mentioned above, you are now ready to use jl_cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device. When the device has been wiped, you will see a white screen with a 507 reload software error. Do not panic, as this is what is supposed to happen.

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. Now you can run "loader.exe" which will ask what apps to load, and then proceed to load the OS you have chosen onto your BB device.

When the apploader is finished, your new OS should be loaded. You will now have to restore the data/apps you backed up earlier using DM and BBSAK respectively.

Enjoy your new OS.

If you have a Mac, you can't do it like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 06-23-10 at 12:20 AM.
    06-23-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD