Ok, I've searched and found a few threads, but no answers...

Has anyone said F-it to trying to get a good replacement from their carrier, and just went and ordered a black trackball from cnn.cn or dealsishop.com?

Just wanted to know if the aftermarket (supposedly OEM) trackballs are any better. I highly doubt they're OEM, but they have to work better than the OEM product.

Any input on whether they work?
    11-06-09 12:05 PM
    I recommend Dealsishop.
    Located in USA with PH# & delivery time is much faster.
    Blackberry Curve 8900/Tour 9630 OEM Black Trackball
    11-06-09 03:55 PM
    11-06-09 04:27 PM
    Does anyone have any experience with Truesupplier.com?

I'm waiting for the blue non-arabic keyboard to be released and I am going to rebuild my tour with blue keyboard, trackball and bezel...
    11-06-09 05:31 PM
    I have a cnn.cn red w chrome trackball.
    Completely sucks, not functional.
    Could have got a lemon but it doesn't roll correctly and often skips.
    Just my experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:01 PM
    I have a cnn.cn red w chrome trackball.
    Completely sucks, not functional.
    Could have got a lemon but it doesn't roll correctly and often skips.
    Just my experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Those colored trackballs have bad history as they are not OEM. I would never use them
    11-06-09 10:09 PM
    Those colored trackballs have bad history as they are not OEM. I would never use them
    I got a green trackball when I had my Curve. What I did was to just replace the OEM rollers with the aftermarket ball and black plastic enclosure, this made the trackball work much better.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these so called OEM replacement black trackballs.

@Slingbox: I know you've changed your bezel and have taken apart your phone. When you did that, did you replace it with the trackball from dealsishop? If so, how is it working for you? That's where I was thinking about ordering from.
    11-07-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD