Every time I do a BP I have to go into 'manage connections' and disable/enable the wireless connection to get data. Otherwise I only get 1x/1xev rather than 1X/1XEV. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    10-05-10 05:34 PM
    so your mobile network is off after a battery pull?

Or is Data off?

you said wireless but the 9630 doesnt have WiFi.
    10-05-10 05:47 PM
    Every time I do a BP I have to go into 'manage connections' and disable/enable the wireless connection to get data. Otherwise I only get 1x/1xev rather than 1X/1XEV. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    Have you tried resending service books?
    10-05-10 05:55 PM
    so your mobile network is off after a battery pull?

Or is Data off?

you said wireless but the 9630 doesnt have WiFi.
    I meant mobile network, not wireless lol Everything is on when it boots up but its just that there is no data service. I wont receive BBM's or emails. I have to open up the 'manage connections' window and turn off the radio, then turn it back on before I'll get data service.

Have you tried resending service books?
    Yes I have. I just updated to OS .975 and it still does it.
    Last edited by Frankie Figs; 10-05-10 at 06:00 PM.
    10-05-10 05:56 PM

Thanks,
    Frankie
    I have almost the same issue.My phone has done this on all OS versions.to save battery life I turn off data services when not using it . 1XEV is when all services on the phone are active.1xev is when data is off on the phone will make phone calls and SMS text only. This just started to be an issue .When I turn off the data service now instead of the phone going from 1XEV to 1xev it goes to 1x. When on 1x the phone is not on the network correctly and can only make outgoing calls.to fix this I turn the phone off for 10 seconds and back on and it goes to back to normal operation 1xev with data off. Any help would be great. BTW I'm using .975 leak
    10-05-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD