I really would like to get the Tour, it's the phone I've been waiting for.
    Last fall I used my upgrade to get a Storm.
    After my 3rd replacement a very nice VZW rep offered me another phone, so I went with the Curve 8330, cuz Storm was my 1st Berry & now I'm hooked!

It's been a good phone but dang, I think I'm jinxed! I've never once broken or damaged a cell phone, ever. But about 5 weeks after getting the Curve it fell out of my jacket pocket and landed a bucket of water about 1" deep. Had Innocase on it, scooped it out FAST and pulled the battery and wiped it dry. Then took it all apart and let innards dry well on super low oven based on instructions I saw here at CB.

All is well except the speaker. I no longer had normal volume level. Had to put it on speaker phone and turn it low to be able to hear. Replaced midplate (which included a speaker), but still it's the same problem, have to turn on speaker phone and turned down volume for some degree of private conversation. New recent development (delayed reaction?) is on some calls, at least once a day, Curve shows call is connected, but I can't hear other party and they can't hear me. Disconnecting and calling back right away fixes that, tho.

So here are my questions:
    1. I hate to pay full retail for Tour but see no way around it. If I buy one on ebay (makes me a little nervous tho) then I just would have the Curve removed from my line and the Tour activated, yes?
    2. I'd still have full BB warranty, right?
    3. I'm not eligible for NE2 upgrade till fall, 2010. (Or this coming fall if I get a break from them and can upgrade a year early. But faulty speaker is getting annoying.) So whether I buy Tour on Ebay or pay full retail from VZW, either case my contract term would not be effected. Not extended?
    4. Last, I'd like to sell the Curve to help offset Tour cost. I won't be dishonest about it, will reveal the fall into the bucket. What do you think would be a fair price for a nice looking pink Curve where all else works except speaker? Someone savvy could easily use it for parts, battery is fine (tho it shows it was in water). My old faceplate has a ding upper right corner, but I have a new faceplate and rear cover.
    5. Do you think the Tour will work on Curve cradle charger? I got that charger for next to nothing with coupons. If it won't work with Tour, I could sell it and Seidio Innocase as well, to help offset price of Tour.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions!
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 07-04-09 at 11:03 AM.
    07-04-09 10:58 AM
    I sold my PSP, my Nintendo DS Lite, DVDs, a wireless computer mouse, and some other things on eBay all to help me buy the Tour. Thing is, I barely have 200 dollars, so all I can do is hope that Sprint lets me upgrade 10 months and 11 days early.
    07-04-09 11:06 AM
    Oh my, am I going to have to go scrounging around the house for things to sell, too?
    'Course that wouldn't be a bad thing, long over due for a good spring cleaning!
    07-04-09 11:09 AM
    Oh my, am I going to have to go scrounging around the house for things to sell, too?
    'Course that wouldn't be a bad thing, long over due for a good spring cleaning!
    Exactly what I'm doing! It helps to sell like items in lots, and give people a deal. And put in the description to message you if they just want one of the items. Also, offer free shipping, but build the shipping price into the item price. Also, only use words in your title that people would search for. The technical words are in the description.
    07-04-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD