1. Downloaded BBSAK

2. Installed BBSAK

3. Downloaded reliance mobile's 4.7.1.53

4. Installed reliance mobile .53

5. checked all the modules that were required for tw input and moved them into a temp folder on my desktop

6. Downloaded 5.0.0.419

7. Installed .419

8. Moved .53 CJK.ALX folder into .419 folder and replaced .419's CJK.ALX

9. Opened .53 java folder.

10. Opened .419 java folder

11. Put .53 and .419 folders side by side.

12. Went down the list and moved all files from .53 to .419 that contained .zh, .zh_tw, .zh_cn. For files that asked to be replaced, i selected 'do not replace'

13. Moved all files from step 5 into .419 folder and selected 'do not replace files' and checked the 'do this with 27 other conflicts' and selected continue. I think I ended up replacing only one file.

14. Opened up BBSAK

15. Selected Load OS

16. In OS Load page I selected simple and traditional east asian character and font supports.

17. Selected East asian input methods of pinyin and BoPoMoFo.

18. Did not receive any errors or problems.

Results:

I get .419 with the options of chinese display and input. It allows me to chose which languages I will be using when the tour first comes online. I can display chinese in simplified or traditional.

Problems!
    I can't switch input methods while composing emails or SMS! I'm assuming that the files are all there, but the blackberry just doesn't have correct file to display/switch input options while composing emails/sms.

Question:
    1. When composing an email, what file am I missing that will allow me to select input methods from the menu?
    2. Is it as simple as replacing/moving the right files from .52 to .419?
    3. Or will the 4.7 and 5.0 files conflict?

Notes:
    I was not connected to the internet when i installed anything
    I took the .53 CJK.ALX file and moved it into the .419 folder and replaced the CJK.ALX folder inside
    I did not replace any other files when moving .53 files to .419 folder.
    I did not add korean or Japanese input or font support, but I believe it can be done just by using the steps above and selecting the files you want.
    01-28-10 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD