Hey everyone,
    I have a Tour 9630 and have a buddy that has a Storm2 that he is willing to sell to me. I am thinking about doing it. I have a few questions before I go ahead and do it. I am new to having 2 Devices, is there an easy way to switch back and forth between which device I use? For example can I just swap which one is activated that day and take it with me? I am on Verizon so using the sim card to determine the active device correct? What about paid apps like Tether, can I have it on both of my Berries and use whichever one is activated or do I have to purchase 2 copies of the program?
    Thanks

(also, wasn't sure where to put this so I decided to go where I am used to being, the 9630 forum)
    02-01-10 02:17 PM
    What carrier are you on? The SIM card is for use with GSM networks only. If you are on Verizon like most of us, swapping the SIM card with do nothing, as it is only used when travelling out of the country. I removed mine when I got my tour. Verizon makes it easy to switch devices. You can do it through MyVerizon on the web, or I believe by dialing *228 and selecting option 1.
    As for apps, you will need a copy on each phone. For paid, pinlocked apps that means buying 2 copies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the info, yeah I'm on Verizon so the sim is useless. Sounds like it is pretty painless to switch, that is what I am looking for, being able to switch the active phone easily. I was looking at the Storm2 and someone said it was only GSM 2100mhz, does that mean it is not a true world edition like our Tours are?
    Thanks again
    02-01-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD