Ok, so I think I am going to just order it online once they fix the upgrade part on the site. So if i pre order and i get it say monday or tuesday, what do I do when I get the phone. Do i need to go to the store and do it or will it already be activated?
    07-01-09 04:02 PM
    no, if you sign onto "myverizon" on the vzw website, there's an option that says "activate new phone". when you click on it, assuming you have more than one line, you pick the line you'd like to activate on, fill in the info from the receipt/phone and turn on the phone, call *228 and you should be good.
    just make sure you have the right data plan (BIS vs BES)

EDIT: though i suppose you could just go in store and have them activate it, i don't know if they'll charge you, but in all my years activating online, i've never been charged.
    07-01-09 04:21 PM
    ok
    Im thinking im going to have to bring it in beacuse i want all my contacts and photos and that sort of stuff.

Edit: will it deactivate the other phone then?
    07-01-09 04:46 PM
    ok
    Im thinking im going to have to bring it in beacuse i want all my contacts and photos and that sort of stuff.

Edit: will it deactivate the other phone then?

You should be able to swap pix and contacts with blackberry desktop.

Yes, it will deactivate the other phone if you're switching phones via the website options.
    07-01-09 05:00 PM
    ok so before i activate the blackberry desktop on my computer first then swap everything then activate the blackberry
    07-01-09 06:07 PM
    wait do we pay an activation fee for just upgrading? i thought that we did, vzw is telling me no right now.
    07-01-09 06:10 PM
    ok so before i activate the blackberry desktop on my computer first then swap everything then activate the blackberry
    It doesn't matter. The information on your device isn't data-dependant. Desktop Manager will transfer all of your contacts, call logs, mms, sms, bbm contacts, emails, photos (assuming they aren't on your MicroSD), to the new phone. You can activate it before or after.
    07-01-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD