I mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't really get any responses. I used my father's upgrade to get the Tour. It should be arriving tomorrow. Last time I did this with the Storm, I had to activate the phone on his line, then switch it over to mine.

Is there any way around this? I'm home during the day (it's summer, I'm a student) and he's at work. I was thinking about writing down his ESN, but if something were to go wrong, I wouldn't want him to be without a phone for the day.

It's no big deal if I can't - I'm just impatient. If the phone comes early in the morning, it's going to be so hard to not play with it until he gets home around 5.
    07-13-09 05:44 PM
    lol same thing here i am using my brothers upgrade and if i was you i would play it safe and first activate the phone on his line and then switch to your line
    07-13-09 05:47 PM
    I was just wondering if they could do anything if I called/drove to the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 05:58 PM
    I was just wondering if they could do anything if I called/drove to the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it wont hurt your chances... try it out and tell me how it goes
    07-13-09 06:02 PM
    Well, calling tomorrow won't take any effort, but going to the store would. I was hoping someone could give me some clarification (a rep or something, maybe.)
    07-13-09 06:03 PM
    I did the same thing. The store would not help me, I came home, sat on the phone and they took care of it. In fact. I wasn't with the person who owns the line, so the woman put me on hold, called him, and got authorization!
    07-13-09 06:03 PM
    Ya, I was kinda curious about this. I have a Storm now and am thinking about getting the Tour. My mom is the primary account holder, and I'm on the other line. Im 24-years old, is there any way I can get my phone activated without having her need to be at the store with me? I wouldnt be changing anything with the account billing wise, just doing my upgrade for my line.
    07-13-09 06:13 PM
    I did the same thing. The store would not help me, I came home, sat on the phone and they took care of it. In fact. I wasn't with the person who owns the line, so the woman put me on hold, called him, and got authorization!
    I'm higher up on the account than my dad is (I forget what it's called). Would they still need to call him? I just don't want his phone deactivated with the possibility that they mess up and he won't have it for the drive home.
    07-13-09 06:17 PM
    i'm supposed to get a tour as an early upgrade on our second line (im the primary)....VZW rep said it was fine to just activate on my line when it arrives.
    07-13-09 06:33 PM
    Did they mean online?
    07-13-09 06:40 PM
    My sister and I have both used each others lines to upgrade and we've had no problems in switching. We just called the customer service number and told them what we did, in my case I called and said we used my sister's account to upgrade to the Tour but the Tour will be going on my account. They gladly switched them for us. I asked about doing it in store but the guy I bought mine from said we have to wait 24 hours? I don't know why he said that but the csr switched the phone for me no problem.
    07-13-09 06:43 PM
    I guess I'll try and do it online when I get it, and if it doesn't work, I'll give them a call.
    07-13-09 06:52 PM
    I bought the Tour in a store using my mothers upgrade to get my Tour. I bought her a 8330 last year and she could care less about upgrading, but my New-Every-Two isn't due until April 2010. Since we are not on the same account. It was activated on her phone # first. The sales associate told me to wait until midnight (so billing was updated to reflect the purchase and activation of her new device on her account) and then I activated her 8330 back on her phone number. Then I was able to activate the Tour on my account. I made sure my BIS reflected MY new PIN and not MY old 8330 PIN and I was good to go.
    07-13-09 06:58 PM
    Honestly dude, it's best to just wait till your dad is home to do it. When I did the swap with my mom I had no choice but to activate the new phone on her line first. Remember, he'd need to dial *228 once you switch it back to his existing phone and if he's at work he might not have the time to putz around with you doing this.

Plus you said you're a student home for the summer which means you should be waking up around 2pm anyway, just wait the 3-4 hours till he goes home
    07-13-09 07:06 PM
    I usually wake up around 1, but I'm getting up early to make sure I get the phone. The door bell alone is not enough to wake me up.
    07-13-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD