I posted this in a thread but never got answered so here it goes...

I got replacement phone cause my old phone was acting up, when i got it i activated it myself... will they charge me for activating/programing the phone if i called *228 to program it, and I did the test call (forgot the number I think it was *338 but not sure)

Same goes for the Tour if i order online & activate it online & dial the numbers will i be charged for activation/programming... also online is there an upgrade fee. Thank you!!
    06-28-09 07:04 PM
    nope...you wont be able to activate a phone on your own you need to call and give the ESN but if you want to activate a phone for free then you can do it online.
    06-28-09 07:13 PM
    I don't believe so. I have activated a replacement phone myself on MyVerizon. I think they only charge if you call customer service and have them do it for you. As long as you keep their service, they don't care how many times you switch phones.
    06-28-09 07:17 PM
    you can change esn's and things on your myverizon account online.. I haven't been charged for doing so..
    06-28-09 07:19 PM
    You can activate a phone online through "my verizon" on vzw.com all you need to do is go "Activate Phone" enter the New ESN and select continue it will ask you a couple of questions it is not hard. I have done this a couple of times and have not been chaged an activation fee. Once you are done online it will instruct you to dial *228 and choose option 1 to program your phone.
    06-28-09 07:21 PM
    ok but if I get the tour online will they charge me when I activate it on my verizion?????
    06-28-09 07:22 PM
    I have ordered phones online and activated them online and I have never been charged an activation fee.
    06-28-09 07:29 PM
    I have ordered phones online and activated them online and I have never been charged an activation fee.
    ok good did u do the *228 thing 2?????
    06-28-09 07:34 PM
    i've bought and activated phones online (actually i don't think i've bought a phone in store in years) and called *228 after turning it on after all of the activation things online, it's easy and i've never been charged.
    as someone above me said, i think they only charge if you call customer service to do it for you, but it's super easy through myverizon.
    06-28-09 07:45 PM
    ok thank you!!!
    06-28-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD