Since BES 5.0 has been released now i'm going to assume the software is rock solid and ready for BB devices. I know i read somewhere that the real delay for the Tour was the fact that the software was going to change from 4.7 to 5.0. Was the delay because of the building of the software? or getting the software onto the Tour? I just thought that if 5.0 was out maybe that would mean the Tour would be coming to us sooner.

I'm not saying i'm hoping for a May release date, just a thought i had after i read the first page
    05-04-09 06:34 AM
    I don't know. The only thing I do know is that RIM wants to do it right. And by doing it right, I mean making sure everything is in order with software before releasing new devices.
    05-04-09 07:47 AM
    All we can hope is that they announce it officially today, with WiFi too.
    05-04-09 08:13 AM
    All we can hope is that they announce it officially today, with WiFi too.
    No matter what, it's a big step forward for us all.
    05-04-09 08:15 AM
    Since BES 5.0 has been released now i'm going to assume the software is rock solid and ready for BB devices. I know i read somewhere that the real delay for the Tour was the fact that the software was going to change from 4.7 to 5.0. Was the delay because of the building of the software? or getting the software onto the Tour? I just thought that if 5.0 was out maybe that would mean the Tour would be coming to us sooner.

I'm not saying i'm hoping for a May release date, just a thought i had after i read the first page
    No this is not necessarily the case. BES 5.0 doesn't have much to do with device software 5.0. They are not mutually exclusive. You can be using OS 4.6 and use the 5.0 Enterprise Server.
    Device Software 5.0 was/is made to get everyone/every device on the same level/platform and make things easier overall. It will be later this year before RIM launches Device Software 5.0.
    05-04-09 08:27 AM
    No this is not necessarily the case. BES 5.0 doesn't have much to do with device software 5.0. They are not mutually exclusive. You can be using OS 4.6 and use the 5.0 Enterprise Server.
    Device Software 5.0 was/is made to get everyone/every device on the same level/platform and make things easier overall. It will be later this year before RIM launches Device Software 5.0.
    yeah - later this year before the tour is released too.
    05-04-09 10:05 AM
    Wait...is today the day the Tour would be announced?...if it is, I mean.
    Last edited by Stang68; 05-04-09 at 10:17 AM.
    05-04-09 10:13 AM
    Wait...is today the day the Tour would be announced?...if it is, I mean.
    WES doesn't start until tomorrow. It's May 5-7th and today is the 4th. Only one more day......
    05-04-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD