I have not found in a search where this is covered, so here goes . . .

While plugged into my USB port my Tour defaults to the Ringer_ClassicPhone Ringtone. It sounds horrible. But while plugged into the USB, it can not access my ringtones on the mediacard, where all of my defaults for SMS, Phone, and Email are located.

So, the question, is there a way to import external, i.e. .wav's or .mp3's on a media card, to the Tours onboard memory so that the device can access them even plugged in.

Yea - I know - how long can a phone be plugged in and is this really an issue. Yes - it is - to me. On a busy day at work, I will often plug my phone into the USB at my PC to charge it some, especially if it is getting into the 50% range, and it is not noon yet.

Any help appreciated . . .
    02-26-10 06:13 PM
    If you have the device NOT go into Mass Storage Mode when it is plugged in, then the device will be able to access the media on the media card when plugged in.

Just change your setting.
    02-26-10 08:13 PM
    You can either use the Roxio Media Manager component of Desktop Manager (most don't install it) or

Use the BB's Media Play. Open Media Player and press the BB button. Select Explore. Find your ringtone/mp3 file Press BB button and copy and then navigate to the Internal Memory and place it in ringtone (or music).

Or use Filescout (donation ware) and move multiple files in a similar fashion.

I did that for my alarm tone and my wallpaper which also "disappears" when usb is connected.
    02-26-10 09:09 PM
    You can either use the Roxio Media Manager component of Desktop Manager (most don't install it) or

Use the BB's Media Play. Open Media Player and press the BB button. Select Explore. Find your ringtone/mp3 file Press BB button and copy and then navigate to the Internal Memory and place it in ringtone (or music).

Or use Filescout (donation ware) and move multiple files in a similar fashion.

I did that for my alarm tone and my wallpaper which also "disappears" when usb is connected.
    That is the info I was looking for-THANKS!

I could have switch Mass Media off, but I use my 8gb card for just that - and I am accessing files on it all day. Not really an option, but I do appreciate the thought.

Thanks again . . .
    02-26-10 10:35 PM
    One thing - don't try stuffing too many larger mp3 files into internal memory it is a somewhat limited quantity. You might want to clip or shorten the files using an mp3 editor like audacity or wavpad.
    02-26-10 10:53 PM
    One thing - don't try stuffing too many larger mp3 files into internal memory it is a somewhat limited quantity. You might want to clip or shorten the files using an mp3 editor like audacity or wavpad.
    Good Tip - probably something I would not have thought of.

Thanks again . . .
    02-27-10 08:25 AM
    Use your USB cable but get the little charging dock that uses back panel connections. That way you don't have to worry about the media card mode..
    02-27-10 09:05 AM
    Use your USB cable but get the little charging dock that uses back panel connections. That way you don't have to worry about the media card mode..
    I actually thought of that - I have one for my bedside at home and it is a great accessory - probably the best. But, as I stated earlier, I also use the 8gb card for file storage for my job. I am always into the card for stuff, so I need the direct connection via the USB.

Thanks for the thought, however. Good one.
    02-27-10 09:08 AM
    Unless your constantly moving to a fro media card, you could always pop cable out of dock to BB then back in..
    I wonder if you could move a few ringtones to internal storeage on BB so they are off media card..
    02-27-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD