So I hopped on the bandwagon and ordered a white housing for my Tour, but I been reading that all other trackballs aside from oem's suck ***

So then it hit me ...

Why not get a good ol rattle can and Spraypaint the stock trackball ? ... I mean what's the harm

A nice brand name rattle can so be just as good
    01-05-10 11:00 PM
    So I hopped on the bandwagon and ordered a white housing for my Tour, but I been reading that all other trackballs aside from oem's suck ***

So then it hit me ...

Why not get a good ol rattle can and Spraypaint the stock trackball ? ... I mean what's the harm

A nice brand name rattle can so be just as good
    Don't use spraypaint. I believe the last time i saw this done, the user used RIT dye. It's a fabric dye than can be purchased at any grocery store.
    01-05-10 11:10 PM
    Don't use spraypaint. I believe the last time i saw this done, the user used RIT dye. It's a fabric dye than can be purchased at any grocery store.
    What wrong with using a rattle can ?
    01-05-10 11:21 PM
    What wrong with using a rattle can ?
    i guess you can try using spray paint, but as i'm not familiar with it, i would think that it would coat the trackball and maybe peel in the future? i've used RIT dye in the past to color my trackball on my curve and i have to say it worked great. here's the link of a how-to if you're interested

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...-works-130330/
    01-06-10 12:18 AM
    The paint will not adhere to the trackball properly, and will interfere with the magnetic rollers, leading to a jammed and nonfunctional trackball. Plus, no round object is going to coat equally with paint, there will be a bolus of paint at one point, leading to other difficulties.

Any more objections?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD