Let me know if you have seen a big drop in memory after a few days... May just be mine....
    Let me know if you have seen a big drop in memory after a few days... May just be mine....
    Apparently if you're doubleposting.

I like 643 because it doesn't have browser click. Apparently 662 is more of the same.
    06-10-10 12:21 PM
    No major issues with 624? I haven't heard anything on that one, but then again I didn't read the findings and fixes thread, assuming one exists.
    We have had great success with 624, no major issues. The biggest problem we've had was the video camera locked up on a long video my wife was trying to take, it would not stop and save, requiring a battery pull. That was the last battery pull it had, about 12 days ago. The memory has fluctuated somewhat, but has stabilized around 100 MB.

.624 still has browser issue.
    We're only experiencing the browser click issue every once in a while, not most of the time as with 591.

If this install starts glitching I think we'll go with 643, but for now I'm not messing with what seems to be stable.
    06-10-10 01:23 PM
    "Every once in a while" is still an issue IMO.
    06-10-10 01:30 PM
    @yester

After wiping and reloading I booted with 126.0MB. After restoring contacts, calendar, etc from my backup, installing my apps and rebooting, I'm at 120.6. I don't have Meterberry on there yet, I'm waiting for a PIN change. I didn't reinstall Poynt, as I never seem to use it.

Now that we have a reference point, I'll watch the memory and report back.
    06-10-10 03:18 PM
    I neglected to mention that i am also hooked up to my corporation's BES for work email (and comcast email for home), so will be interesting to see if I can change to a non-standard (non-approved) release...when I've wiped in the past and reinstalled, then had to get corporate IT to activate it, it wiped the OS one more time and I got the release from corporate. When I started this thread I hadn't really thought ahead to the "install a different OS" solution...I was thinking more along the lines of that there might be some patches out there. I'll be contacting them in the morning - wish me luck! (and thanks for all of the helpful info)

Jeff
    06-10-10 09:16 PM
    I neglected to mention that i am also hooked up to my corporation's BES for work email (and comcast email for home), so will be interesting to see if I can change to a non-standard (non-approved) release...when I've wiped in the past and reinstalled, then had to get corporate IT to activate it, it wiped the OS one more time and I got the release from corporate. When I started this thread I hadn't really thought ahead to the "install a different OS" solution...I was thinking more along the lines of that there might be some patches out there. I'll be contacting them in the morning - wish me luck! (and thanks for all of the helpful info)

Jeff
    @Jeff -

A BES BlackBerry is a different animal than a BIS BB. With a BIS one, you can wipe and reload the OS to your heart's content.

With BES you may very well need Corporate's blessing. There is no patch, to the best of my knowledge, for the mess that is Verizon's 591.

Since it's a company owned phone, they can dictate what's on it and what's not. If you are in fact BES, you may just have to make do with what you have.
    06-10-10 09:52 PM
    @yester: I'll watch the memory and report back.
    Well I ran 643 for all of 4 days, and jumped to 732. After all the apps were installed I had ~120. I deleted Google maps and installed Garmin (got a free copy) and was down to 118 and change. I seemed to lose about 1mb before loading 732.

I didn't do a wipe and reload, I just went over 643. So after all that rambling, memory was pretty stable for me.
    06-14-10 10:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD