Ok. So sometimes when i press the trackball down too hard or press it down in the upward position it causes my tour to reboot. Any thoughts on what i might need to do to fix this?
    03-28-11 02:41 AM
    It might be that your battery is loose enough in the battery compartment that a too-hard press of the track ball can cause a momentary loss of electrical contact. I had a Tour that would reboot if I sat it down with a slight tap, or if I shook it vigorously. If you can make yours reboot in that manner, then you might try shimming the battery with a piece of tape to make it fit more tightly.
    Kaotik7D likes this.
    03-28-11 05:45 AM
    well im going to replace the ball with one from my 8330 i got laying around to see if that helps. if not i'll worry more about the battery connection since i already got a piece of tire patch repair rubber wedged in there to keep it from moving. thatnx for the tip though!
    03-28-11 09:27 AM
    Check the contacts on the battery.

It might not be the battery placement it self. But I have seen people say their phone reboots with just picking it up. Turns out the connections are dirty and once cleaned it worked fine.
    Kaotik7D likes this.
    03-28-11 09:34 AM
    If the battery contacts are dirty, you can use a pencil eraser to clean them.
    03-28-11 11:16 AM
    well i decided to just try my luck at a reformat and reinstall again. did the wipe with bbsak, then the factory reset on the third tab in bbsak. then reinstalled the bbtweaks .975 hybrid and reinstalled all apps straight from a freshly downloaded bb app world. so far 27hour of uptime and no freezes or anything. f'ing sweet. of course now that i made this post im going to F my luck i think.
    03-30-11 09:37 PM
    I think you ball has damaged and you should replaced it.
    03-31-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD