Hey guys,

I was cruising around the Precentral site and found this:

They were all giddy about the Pre on the list and apparently the picture came with a source saying "the Pre is in June". So...where does that put the 9630 on Sprint? On Verizon?

04-30-09 09:32 PM
    Hey guys,

They were all giddy about the Pre on the list and apparently the picture came with a source saying "the Pre is in June". So...where does that put the 9630 on Sprint? On Verizon?

Verizon, I'm gonna say August. Sprint 4Q if lucky.
    Last edited by ausch; 04-30-09 at 09:40 PM.
    04-30-09 09:35 PM
    Verizon, I'm gonna say August. Sprint 4Q if lucky.
    You've been saying August all along haha
    04-30-09 09:44 PM
    Hah, because that's what I heard/seen. And haven't seen anything else.
    04-30-09 09:45 PM
    what's interesting is that for the LG and Sanyo phones on that list it says the Demo was added in December of last year and it's launching May of this year. So if the demo for 9630 was added in February, then it would launch five months later which is august. assuming that verizon is getting the phone before sprint, a june or july launch on verizon seems likely.
    04-30-09 10:02 PM
    Hey guys,

Sprint has been testing the 9630 longer than Verizon. At the same time, Sprint also has the Pre launching. But Sprint is further along in the Dev of this device than Verizon is for sure.
    04-30-09 10:06 PM
    Hey guys,

Very nice find man.
    04-30-09 10:07 PM
    what's interesting is that for the LG and Sanyo phones on that list it says the Demo was added in December of last year and it's launching May of this year. So if the demo for 9630 was added in February, then it would launch five months later which is august. assuming that verizon is getting the phone before sprint, a june or july launch on verizon seems likely.
    Hmm...thats a good deduction. We shall see

Sprint has been testing the 9630 longer than Verizon. At the same time, Sprint also has the Pre launching. But Sprint is further along in the Dev of this device than Verizon is for sure.
    Well, I am gonna go ahead and say that Sprint will want to spread out the Pre and 9630 releases, right? But then you go ahead and say that Sprint is further along in development...any ideas, anyone?
    04-30-09 10:13 PM
    That's the thing that is gonna hurt the release of the 9630. I'm not talking about sales wise, I'm just saying date wise. I think everyone knows they won't release these two right after another, so they'll be a gap.

I heard something about that, which makes me think that they don't really care about it right now. The Pre is their little baby right now.
    04-30-09 10:13 PM
    ooo this would be awesome than I could get the 9630 with my friends discount on Sprint awesome!!!!
    04-30-09 10:17 PM
    I heard something about that, which makes me think that they don't really care about it right now. The Pre is their little baby right now.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that. But what about VZW? Surely they have nothing great in the pipeline, so they must want this out ASAP...probably before Sprint has it.
    04-30-09 10:25 PM
    Yeah, I agree with you on that. But what about VZW? Surely they have nothing great in the pipeline, so they must want this out ASAP...probably before Sprint has it.
    Actually Sprint was gonna release it first, but then Pre came in the middle of it. And now the 9630 is waiting, and Verizon is getting it before Sprint.
    04-30-09 10:27 PM
    Actually Sprint was gonna release it first, but then Pre came in the middle of it. And now the 9630 is waiting, and Verizon is getting it before Sprint.
    Hmm...Sprint is getting the Pre in June, At&t is getting the new iPhone in June, and what is Verizon getting? Who knows. Lets all hope they are getting the Tour in June
    04-30-09 10:32 PM
    Hmm...Sprint is getting the Pre in June, At&t is getting the new iPhone in June, and what is Verizon getting? Who knows. Lets all hope they are getting the Tour in June
    Then you have Sprint lagging behind with 4Q release. Possible 1Q 2010 release.
    04-30-09 10:35 PM
    Then you have Sprint lagging behind with 4Q release. Possible 1Q 2010 release.
    Idk, I could see them coming in with the Tour in late 3Q...end of September, no?
    04-30-09 10:53 PM
    Idk, I could see them coming in with the Tour in late 3Q...end of September, no?
    After the hype of the Pre dies down it is definitely conceivable. Just release already thought hmph
    04-30-09 10:55 PM
    Not that early. A couple months later if they're lucky.
    04-30-09 10:58 PM
    hey Crucial sorry for going off topic slightly but its still a blackberry question. Do you have any insight of testing for the curve 8930 and the Pearl Flip 9230. any ideas if sprint might be getting any of those phones in the future.
    05-01-09 12:38 AM
    hey Crucial sorry for going off topic slightly but its still a blackberry question. Do you have any insight of testing for the curve 8930 and the Pearl Flip 9230. any ideas if sprint might be getting any of those phones in the future.
    You should see the Pearl 8230 head to VZ/Sprint at some point.
    05-01-09 07:28 AM
    Oh god, so you are saying that the company that is supposed to release the device first, according to rumors, is further behind in testing that the company that is testing another device to launch very soon?

Verizon is so scared of another "Storm release" that ill be surprised to see this device before 2010.
    05-01-09 01:27 PM
    Verizon is so scared of another "Storm release" that ill be surprised to see this device before 2010.
    don't get too carried away now!

i believe CX mentioned in another thread that the main issue with the tour is its timing in comparison to WES (and the release of BIS/BES 5.0). The tour was originally created with the 4.7 OS line, but since it was aimed to be released around may, it became more logical to launch it with 5.0. So that resulted in a lot of wasted time/delay... as people might have had a stable 4.7 ready to go, but now that it'll be 5.0 there is still more testing/time needed.

I believe that^ is what has pushed it to the august range.
    05-01-09 02:21 PM
    don't get too carried away now!

i believe CX mentioned in another thread that the main issue with the tour is its timing in comparison to WES (and the release of BIS/BES 5.0). The tour was originally created with the 4.7 OS line, but since it was aimed to be released around may, it became more logical to launch it with 5.0. So that resulted in a lot of wasted time/delay... as people might have had a stable 4.7 ready to go, but now that it'll be 5.0 there is still more testing/time needed.

I believe that^ is what has pushed it to the august range.
    Actually I think the reason he stated was because 4.7.1 wasn't coming along fast enough and wasn't what they wanted. So that's why they bumped it up to 5.0, I don't think it had nothing to do with the release date of the device.
    05-01-09 02:22 PM
    Actually I think the reason he stated was because 4.7.1 wasn't coming along fast enough and wasn't what they wanted. So that's why they bumped it up to 5.0, I don't think it had nothing to do with the release date of the device.
    you may be right. i remember thinking that it would be weird for a phone to come out with 4.7 the same day 5.0 was released (back when I was still hoping for may).

might have injected my own facts there..can't remember now!
    05-01-09 02:45 PM
    you may be right. i remember thinking that it would be weird for a phone to come out with 4.7 the same day 5.0 was released (back when I was still hoping for may).

might have injected my own facts there..can't remember now!
    We all have some dreams that never come true.
    05-01-09 02:50 PM
    you have your PRE users and you have your BERRY users..2 diff phones for 2 diff users.....Likes I said back in posts before Sprint wants to offer CHOICES for both
    preferences and make a strong move to be the top carrier...I don't see alot of berry people going to pre...but maybe the pre users jumping to the berry????
    05-01-09 06:11 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD