Check it out

An unreleased BlackBerry 9630 lasted almost four hours on eBay this morning before selling for a BuyItNow price of $1995.

Dubbed the �Niagara�, we saw earlier reports of last month, the 9630 is rumored to be heading to Verizon and/or Sprint, possibly in the third quarter of this year. It is the CDMA answer to the 9000 Bold, but without WiFi. Why no WiFi? These pictures make it appear closer to the size of the 8900 Javelin, a slimmer battery (?), and a funky battery cover on the rear.

The screen shot on eBay shows it loaded with OS 4.7.1.10, and the seller disclaimed the device with this footnote: �*please read* This phone is an unreleased version, with Original software which has been tested rigerously, I have only come across one bug which is there is trouble getting the camera going. Seeing as it is an unreleased version this phone is sold as-is and all sales are final!� Oh well, I guess it may be just another of those devices that slipped out the wide-open back door at RIM, however no usual �Property by RIM� sticker is noticed on the device.

Hopefully whoever shot the pictures on the horrific leopard-faux rug has better taste in mobile smartphones than they do in decorating. Interesting to note, the eBay seller globo-electro has been on eBay less than six weeks, selling a half dozen BlackBerrys, a Sidekick and iPhone. How�d they get their hands on a 9630? It all brings to mind last fall�s �early� sale of a 8900 Javelin, which as you recall, ended in disaster for the seller.

9630 Niagara sold on eBay | BlackBerryNews.com
    03-20-09 01:54 PM
    All I gotta say is that you have to be a complete and utter moron to pay 2 grand for an f'n phone.
    03-20-09 01:58 PM
    And it will likely be black listed by RIM like every other pre-release device. They could have just given me the $$!
    03-20-09 02:04 PM
    someone has money to burn.
    03-20-09 02:10 PM
    All I gotta say is that you have to be a complete and utter moron to pay 2 grand for an f'n phone.
    Lol I couldn't have said it any better
    03-20-09 02:13 PM
    Or they know a bigger moron to whom they plan to sell it for a profit.

But I agree, seems excessive to say the least.
    03-20-09 02:27 PM
    Someone forgot to take a look at the date of the article. This is old news. It wasn't sold this morning, the article was dated Saturday 14 March.

POE got it right, only a moron would fork out that kind of money just for the privilege of owning a device no one else has.
    03-20-09 02:27 PM
    My exact thoughts.... Some people amaze me..
    03-20-09 02:34 PM
    Someone forgot to take a look at the date of the article. This is old news. It wasn't sold this morning, the article was dated Saturday 14 March.

POE got it right, only a moron would fork out that kind of money just for the privilege of owning a device no one else has.
    yeah i know, but i was too lazy to post it then, so i did it today.

and yeah, it really is unbelievable how much money people spend on prereleased blackberry's. it not going to work properly so what are they going to do with it?
    03-20-09 02:43 PM
    DAMN. Best be putting an ottetbox on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 02:46 PM
    Well said sir. SMH
    03-20-09 02:56 PM
    How do you know it wasn't bought by RIM and/or the police to use as evidence against the person who sold it. I would think it's considered stolen property.
    03-20-09 02:58 PM
    WOW !

That's 20 months of service !
    03-20-09 02:59 PM
    I am a addict, but not that much of a addict.
    03-20-09 03:00 PM
    i couldn't say it no better than that
    03-20-09 03:29 PM
    Looks like it has been relisted on eBay. Item number: 220381057646

It now states:
    This phone has very buggy software as its the first version, It has problems rebooting and gets caught in a boot cycle and only works when it wants if at all.
    03-20-09 04:01 PM
    Looks like it has been relisted on eBay. Item number: 220381057646

It now states:
    This phone has very buggy software as its the first version, It has problems rebooting and gets caught in a boot cycle and only works when it wants if at all.
    That's not a re-listing. The previous transaction for $1995 shows good feedback:

eBay Feedback Profile for globo-electro
    03-20-09 04:04 PM
    ^^^ Hmm, somehow he/she got 2 of em.
    03-20-09 04:32 PM
    What a dummy. Here lemme drop 2 grand on a phone that won't work.

Some people are stealing everyone elses oxygen

03-20-09 04:58 PM
    How do you know it wasn't bought by RIM and/or the police to use as evidence against the person who sold it. I would think it's considered stolen property.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    03-20-09 06:19 PM
    i dunno....2 grand is a bit much to pay for bragging rights-to each their own i suppose
    03-20-09 06:24 PM
    POE... You're far too kind. I would've used a far harsher word than, 'moron'. Haha! More power to that person. Personally, I'd like to find that person and convince them to pay me $2000 to kick them in the "junk". Win-win...

03-20-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD