Since Verizon sent me a new Tour that does not have the trackball issue, I am in no hurry to upgrade. .643 on the Tour is flawless and I don't need wifi or the extra memory so I am skipping the Bold altogether.
    06-04-10 06:16 PM
    I still have 9 months left until my NE2, so I will be here for at least that long. I'll probably go for the next Blackberry that will be released on VZW. Hopefully an LTE model.
    06-04-10 06:28 PM
    I've gone through a Curve, Bold and bought my Tour the first day it was available and learned practically everything BB-related possible. It was wonderful for awhile until Android started to pull its act together. OS 5 feels ancient and even OS 6 just looks like a fancy theme. My biggest gripe is that apps are still stored on device memory. BB is lagging behind the competitors and show no sign of catching up.

Unfortunately, my three years of BB usage will end as soon as 4G becomes more prevalent. I'll be switching to Android on VZW
    06-04-10 06:33 PM
    Keeping mine until it dies which hopefully isn't soon! Does what I need but a new OS update would be good................ one that everything works well on.
    06-04-10 06:58 PM
    I am out as soon as I can. 3rd tour in 8 months will be here monday. Mine has now decided it randomly will answer incoming calls with no warning and no explanation.

Im tired of putting up with its short comings. I am not wasting my time with other carriers o.s.'s, I dont ask my tour to do anything other than what rim and vzw advertise it to do.
    06-04-10 07:47 PM
    I feel like I'm one of the few that doesn't have a problem with OS 5 or blackberry altogether. Yes other things would be nice but I'm in no hurry. My Tour does everything I need it to! This is the first phone of mine (which includes an iPhone, droid eris etc.) that I'll end up keeping until my contract is up.
    06-04-10 08:29 PM
    I love my tour but I got my eye on the evo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 08:35 PM
    No probs with my Tour or with OS 5.0 at all since day one, so I think my upgrade will wait a while longer, maybe when VZW gets 4G...

06-04-10 10:04 PM
    My Tour is like the Tour de france long lasting, durable, I admit I it is still sharp to me, may not have wi-fi or the new browser but it perculates just the same.
    06-04-10 10:53 PM
    I've had my Tour for a few months now, no problems. My trackball works fine. when I am eligible for an upgrade then I'll see what's out there. There will always be something new coming up, no matter how long you wait.
    06-04-10 11:47 PM
    I've had my Tour since December and have had zero problems. This is my first BB, and after the short learning period, the best phone I've ever owned. I had a touch screen before my Tour and grew to hate it. Sure, it was fun to play with but when it came time to do business, ie messaging, sending and receiving email it sucked. I longed for a physical keyboard and a battery that could take me through the day. I did a lot af research before deciding on the Tour and I could not have been happier with my decision. Now my wife got a 8530 a week ago and after playing with it for awhile I really like the trackpad and will probably upgrade to the 9650 in the future. But as for now, I will stick with my trusty Tour as long as she holds up.

06-05-10 12:13 PM
    I'm pretty happy with the Tour thus far, would have liked to upgrade to 9650 but wifi, extra memory and trackpad do not justify an upgrade. Played with a friend's EVO today and while it is a great phone, I can't see myself without a physical KB (already have a jailbroken iPhone as my 2nd phone and really dislike the touch KB). While iPhone/Android latest are miles ahead of BB in terms of multimedia and browsing experience, neither does email and messaging nearly as well and as securely. And, neither is available on SERO When/if the slider BB comes out I will be one of the first to get it.
    06-06-10 12:15 AM
    I absolutely love my 9630! I'm not leaving mine for quite a while, 6.0 or not, I'm sticking with this guy.
    06-07-10 07:17 AM
    I got my OG Tour the day it was released and i've had one replacement since. Its been a great phone for me. ..Now i do have an upgrade available. I wouldn't mind trying the Incredible out but i wouldn't be able to get rid of my Tour cause i do a lot of international travel and BBM comes in tooooooooooo handy not to have.
    06-07-10 07:52 AM
    Switched from a Storm to a Tour a couple of months ago. I needed a phone, e-mail, text and a PDA and ability to tether to my laptop (very important). So far it does it all with no problems. A few apps for productivity and to enhance use. Vlingo works great for me cuts down on typing. Advanced call manager gets rid of junk calls and people I don't want to hear from. Free push to talk, even though I don't have anybody to talk to yet is there if I need it. I think a lot of track ball problems come from getting grease from your face when using the phone on it. I wear glasses and use cleaning pads to clean them. When done with my glasses, lock the screen and roll the pad over the track ball a few times. Plus I use a Jawbone a lot of the time. It does get a little goofy if I tether a lot. A quick alt,shift, delete reboot takes care of that. Don't use the browser and that will be a problem for some. For me it's the best BB I've had and no reason to look for anything else.
    06-07-10 08:20 AM
    I love my Tour. I'm not too big on the Bold. WiFi is no biggie when I have continuous access to the Web via the normal Browser or Bolt. The only issue w/the Tour is the memory, but I limit my d/l to must-have Apps - which seem to be more and more these days.
    06-08-10 09:25 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD