I purchased a 9630 tour and had several apps on it. Well last night i noticed a white screen on my phone that said in really small print APP ERROR 523.
    I tried rebooting my phone by removing the battery. Well its runs its course then once it reloads i see my home page and cant access anything but it shows and error UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION INDEX 12 >=12 then it goes to the white screen again and the cycle continues. I callled US cellular and they said they think it was my drive safely app that went hey wire. So they walked me thru the reload process of app loader and it didnt work. SO is this is was is reffered to as "nuked" I hate to throw a new phone away and purchase one at retail price CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROB? I dont want to spend 298 dollars on a new phone. my email is [email protected] i would appreciate some help thank you in advance
    07-10-10 07:12 PM
    There is a lot of good info here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/unbr...kberry-320759/ you may need to reload the entire OS and everything else from scratch.
    07-10-10 07:22 PM
    thanks hope it works
    07-10-10 08:11 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/appl...s-list-211519/

** 523 A critical Java process has died and the device cannot continue to operate normally. ...
    That error should be corrected by a new OS install.

It sounds like your customer service was on the right track. You mentioned the re-build failed... at which stage did it fail?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    07-10-10 08:39 PM
    yea im pretty sure you will be able to recover this phone. there is only one phone i was unable to recover, which wouldnt even boot up. as long as you do get an App Error screen, you should be able to get the OS reload to take and fix it.
    07-10-10 08:43 PM
    That happened to me a couple of times after downloading themes.
    Here's how I fixed it:

On your pc go into My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Common Files. Look for Research in Motion. Open the folder, look for the app folder, then click on “AppLoader” the application file. That will open that up. Then connect your phone to the pc, let it load up all the files. It will bring up all your downloaded applications and themes. Now 'uncheck' the theme or app that gave you the error and remove it by unchecking it. Your phone should turn back on without losing any info and without having to wipe it or reload your OS. Mine did
    07-10-10 10:04 PM
    thanks alot guys ill try it hope it works we did it 3times doesnt find phone when connected and white screen shows up cant find phone during that time. wendy if u get a chance i posted my email maybe u can walk me thru it if u dont mmind
    07-10-10 11:30 PM
    i tried reed didnt recog phone with white screen showing it reoots verytime so when do i attach usb and try to fix sorry new at all this my email is listed if u come up with diffrent plant tx reed
    07-10-10 11:32 PM
    Plan B.

The first step is to wipe all the software of the BlackBerry. There are sevearl programs that will do that, my first choice is CrackUtil by Moderator Pete6.

After you wipe it, try to continue with the instructions in the link I posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    07-11-10 10:02 AM
    worked great reed got it to work tx
    07-12-10 07:17 AM
    When it's an app that caused the problem people have had success in booting in safe mode and then deleting the app in question. Might save some time and hassle if it ever happens again.
    07-12-10 07:44 AM
    When it's an app that caused the problem people have had success in booting in safe mode and then deleting the app in question. Might save some time and hassle if it ever happens again.
    Safe mode on a BlackBerry? How's that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:56 AM
    To boot a BlackBerry in to safe mood, pull the battery, then hold down the back arrow and re insert the battery, continue to hold the back arrow as the BB boots.

EDIT: That would have been a good thing to try FIRST, boot in to safe mood, remove the misbehaving app, boot again (another pull), cross fingers!
    07-12-10 11:36 AM
    Safe mode on a BlackBerry? How's that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is a new feature on some of the recent models including the Tour.

I wish all models had a safe mode.
    07-12-10 11:39 AM
    iNeed Help iHave a Blackberry Tour 9630 . Ihts APP ERROR 523 IN SMALL PRINT AND BELOW IHT SAY RESET . iReally need help my blackberry crashed and i need serious help
    07-24-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD