So randomly in the middle of the night I'm awoken to the fact that the 9630 is now unresponsive, has a blank, black screen but a lit-up keyboard and flashing red light (running 4.7.? at the time). After several battery pulls of various strategies (plugged in, not plugged in, etc.) it was still not working. Sometimes it would get as far as the screen to type in the password before going blank again. My next step was to update the OS since I figured the problems were probably with the device's software. After a couple tries I managed to get 5.0.0.484 up and running on the Tour. However, in the first couple minutes it has already frozen once and gone back to a blank, black screen once (although with no flashing red light this time). Are there any other solutions? Could this possibly be a battery issue? Or God forbid, an actual handset hardware issue? Thanks in advance.

Edit: it is now constantly rebooting itslef.
    Last edited by 312boomlawyered; 06-09-11 at 10:05 AM.
    06-09-11 07:42 AM
    Take it to your carrier store and ask a tech there to take a look at it. If it is a battery, they can determine that without you have to buy one to test it. Good Luck!
    06-09-11 09:48 AM
    Yep have it look at by a tech in the store. If they need to exchange it, etc they can do it right then and there.
    06-09-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD