hey , i just got this yesterday and the trackball is effed up already. it barely moves to the sides but up and down its perfect. i barely even got to use this phone!!!!

07-15-09 04:29 PM
    That sucks get a replacement ^ +1
    07-15-09 04:30 PM
    better take that back ASAP!!!!
    07-15-09 04:30 PM
    before you run out to the store for no reason, check the trackball sensitivity settings. could be the left/right setting got jacked.
    07-15-09 04:33 PM
    i have a new one. just tought i would share the vid
    07-15-09 04:33 PM
    the sensitivity is both on 70, i tried putting it up to 100 but then it just goes crazy and glitches all over
    07-15-09 04:34 PM
    Yeah sucks but it's a known problem with these tours so far
    07-15-09 04:35 PM
    Dang....that sucks. I'm assuming they replaced it with no hassle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:36 PM
    i heard the trackball is a ***** to replace on the bolds/tours. so hopefully my new phone doesnt eff up too
    07-15-09 04:36 PM
    it took some time to fond a carrier with one instock, but ya no hassle really. telus never has enough phones to go around
    07-15-09 04:37 PM
    You know... its really intimidating reading all these issues on here. Trackballs should not be breaking already... ****, my Curve lasted 6 months and the trackball was fine... It was my throwing it onto the floor in a fit that was its death. :/

What did RIM do, contract with HTC to make these devices?
    07-15-09 04:46 PM
    What did RIM do, contract with HTC to make these devices?
    i seriously lol'd at this
    07-15-09 04:50 PM
    now im part of the blackberry crew yeeeaa
    07-15-09 04:52 PM
    i had an htc touch for 2 yearz and it still werks like new. that phone was indestructable. even though every time i dropped it it exploded into little pieces, still functioned
    07-15-09 04:53 PM
    I had my pearl for 2 yrs and the trackball was fine start to finish. Just a bad one I guess.
    07-15-09 04:56 PM
    Hey fohawk did you see the solution the trackball issues?? Try it..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/tr...-right-268484/
    07-15-09 05:11 PM
    I hate it when a brand new device doesn't work. It really makes you think about how much effort or money goes into the production of these phones. I hope my trackball lasts a while.
    07-15-09 05:17 PM
    yea i tried all the sensitivity crap, its fubar man...... it does work a bit better if you use slight pressure but i wanted a phone that didnt have that problem
    07-15-09 05:19 PM
    i had an htc touch for 2 yearz and it still werks like new. that phone was indestructable. even though every time i dropped it it exploded into little pieces, still functioned
    You're lucky. I had one for 6 months before the plastic piece behind the touchscreen started to shift, causing the rainbow effect, and eventually led to the device completely unresponding to touch. And I didn't drop it once. I babied the **** out of that thing.

Anyway, I've had the 6700, the Mogul, the Touch Pro, the Touch... the most reliable one was the 6700. I replaced my Mogul 7 times, took the Touch Pro back a week after getting it because it would get so hot when it was charging that if you were talking and charging, it would stop charging and the phone would die anyway, replaced my Touch twice before going back to my Mogul... Seriously... My 6700 was gold until the Mogul came out. The rest of them were all crap. And its starting to look like RIM is going down the same path.
    07-15-09 05:27 PM
    yea i tried all the sensitivity crap, its fubar man...... it does work a bit better if you use slight pressure but i wanted a phone that didnt have that problem
    Maybe that's how they're designed? I'm not sure I don't have one yet
    07-15-09 05:32 PM
    My 8330 trackball had to have lite pressure applied when scrolling.
    07-15-09 05:38 PM
    You're lucky. I had one for 6 months before the plastic piece behind the touchscreen started to shift, causing the rainbow effect, and eventually led to the device completely unresponding to touch. And I didn't drop it once. I babied the **** out of that thing.

Anyway, I've had the 6700, the Mogul, the Touch Pro, the Touch... the most reliable one was the 6700. I replaced my Mogul 7 times, took the Touch Pro back a week after getting it because it would get so hot when it was charging that if you were talking and charging, it would stop charging and the phone would die anyway, replaced my Touch twice before going back to my Mogul... Seriously... My 6700 was gold until the Mogul came out. The rest of them were all crap. And its starting to look like RIM is going down the same path.
    LOL i was wondering why my LCD was rainbowed on the htc
    07-15-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD