Checked ebay and I found 2 D-X1 1400 mAH batteries + USB charger for $14.99. Looks like a great deal, but wondering if I am missing something.

Thanks
    09-20-09 01:30 AM
    Make sure the batteries are the real thing (OEM) and not "compatible" ones... I've seen a lot of auctions that appear to be offering D-X1 batteries when in reality they are just trying to pull a fast one and sell a non-OEM product.
    09-20-09 01:42 AM
    Thanks, how do I know for sure if it is OEM or compatible ones ? It is being shipped from Hong Kong, so sending back etc, may not be easy.

Edit: It is non OEM, are non-OEM products very inferior compared to OEM ?
    Last edited by 0xcb; 09-20-09 at 01:48 AM.
    09-20-09 01:43 AM
    Read the whole description very carefully to try and see if you can catch anything that would suggest the product is really a compatible one and not an OEM.
    09-20-09 01:50 AM
    Sorry about multiple questions - I see several OEM listings with different mAh. 1350 /1400 mAh (I assume these are the same) and one with 2600 mAh. Is it fair to assume that 2600 mAh will last twice as long ? Also, anyone know the capacity of the preinstalled battery ?

Edit: Just checked and found that the original battery is 1400 mAh. So, if I get the 2600 mAh from ebay, I should be able to double the battery life ?

Thanks
    Last edited by 0xcb; 09-20-09 at 02:00 AM.
    09-20-09 01:57 AM
    Sorry about multiple questions - I see several OEM listings with different mAh. 1350 /1400 mAh (I assume these are the same) and one with 2600 mAh. Is it fair to assume that 2600 mAh will last twice as long ? Also, anyone know the capacity of the preinstalled battery ?

Edit: Just checked and found that the original battery is 1400 mAh. So, if I get the 2600 mAh from ebay, I should be able to double the battery life ?

Thanks
    the 2600 will probably be double the size. Do a search and you'll see that normally when you purchase a 2600 mAh battery, it comes with a different battery cover.
    09-20-09 02:39 AM
    I bought this one on eBay which is a non-OEM slim extended battery (1600mAh vs 1400mAh). I knew I was taking a chance with it being a non-OEM battery from Hong Kong, but I thought for $7.50, might as well give it a try. Well, I've been using it for over a month now and it performs better than the OEM battery. At the end of the day, I have roughly 5-10% more battery life. I'm almost positive these are the same batteries Seidio sells for $50, so I highly recommend you just go for the $7.50 one if you're looking for an extra battery. You won't regret it.
    09-20-09 07:04 AM
    Checked ebay and I found 2 D-X1 1400 mAH batteries + USB charger for $14.99. Looks like a great deal, but wondering if I am missing something.

Thanks
    If I were you, I would get the Seidio 2600 battery..I can go roughly 5 days without needing a charge under very heavy usage!
    09-20-09 07:08 AM
    If I were you, I would get the Seidio 2600 battery..I can go roughly 5 days without needing a charge under very heavy usage!

Does it make the phone alot bulkier or not that much. And how is the Seidio's battery cover with that ?
    09-20-09 07:16 AM
    Does it make the phone alot bulkier or not that much. And how is the Seidio's battery cover with that ?
    no, it does not make the phone look bigger at all. It only adds 3mm to the back of the phone. The battery cover fits like a tank, no movement, very solid, looks really good.

I mean I'm still impressed with this battery, I can't believe I can go 5 days without a charge and I'm on the phone all the time!
    09-20-09 07:18 AM
    no, it does not make the phone look bigger at all. It only adds 3mm to the back of the phone. The battery cover fits like a tank, no movement, very solid, looks really good.

I mean I'm still impressed with this battery, I can't believe I can go 5 days without a charge and I'm on the phone all the time!

Sounds interesting, i will look into that...thanks for the info.
    09-20-09 07:23 AM
    That's a little misleading to say it "does not make the phone look bigger at all." 3mm is still a pretty significant amount when the phone is only 14mm to begin with. Not only does it add 20% in thickness, it adds the bulge only over the battery door so you now have a small hump instead of a nice flat surface on the back.

Of course, a picture's worth a thousand words, so you should judge for yourself:

09-20-09 08:02 AM
    Wow.... Thanks for the pics. Not sure i like that look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:30 AM
    the pics dont do it justis though. I have one so I can speak about it. It does not add much bulk at all to the phone itself.. besides..I'm getting 5 days now out of it without charging it.

theres a bunch of pics in the accessory fourm on here with people who have this battery on there tour, those pictures are a lot better then the ones shown here.
    09-20-09 09:19 AM
    how much do we have to pay for Seidio 2600 battery and where is the best place to buy it?
    09-20-09 09:31 AM
    As others have said, I would shy away from non-OEM (RIM) branded batteries. I realize that they are cheaper; however, you get what you pay for. I cannot speak for the seido extended batteries as I have never used them. Personally, I would rather just keep a spare original rather than thicken my case, and use a possibly inferior quality battery.

/end my opinion
    09-20-09 09:39 AM
    Can someone who recommends only OEM batteries, tell why the non OEM is inferior ? Will it damage the device ? Is there a chance it will overheat/ explode ?

If it is just that it doesn't hold power or last longer than OEM, I don't care much, since they are almost 1/5th the cost of the OEM ones. I can replace them every year and still it will be cheaper.

Thanks
    09-20-09 09:56 AM
    Seido is a non-OEM battery just like this one richro mentioned he bought on eBay.

Well I bought this same one off eBay; I also bought the Seido 1600 at the same time. I got the Seido in the mail first and have used both of them and can't tell a difference, they both last longer than the stock battery.

If your going to buy the cheaper eBay battery buy this same one that we already tried; not the $14.00 combo unless it's from the same guy?
    09-20-09 10:09 AM
    Can someone who recommends only OEM batteries, tell why the non OEM is inferior ? Will it damage the device ? Is there a chance it will overheat/ explode ?

If it is just that it doesn't hold power or last longer than OEM, I don't care much, since they are almost 1/5th the cost of the OEM ones. I can replace them every year and still it will be cheaper.

Thanks
    Ignore them. They obviously don't have first-hand experience with the batteries in question. SplinterCell and I both do, and we've both gotten longer battery life than the OEM battery, no overheating issues, and no my Tour hasn't exploded in my pocket either.
    09-20-09 10:15 AM
    Thanks much, SplinterCell and richro. I am going non OEM.
    09-20-09 10:26 AM

Thanks
    I bought a chager + battery combo on ebay for like $10 w/free shipping. took a while to arrive but it's fine by me. I don't care if it's oem or not. i operate on the "does it work" principle. It does.

i seriously, i still use al my peripherals from my old 8830 on my tour. i just bought mini-micro usb converters. don't waste money being a sheep, think for yourself.

yes storm tour and 8900 use the same battery.
    09-20-09 10:27 AM

Thanks
    RIM's OEM battery for the Tour is 1400mAh if you want more juce you will need to go with a non-OEM battery. mAh stands for milliampere-hour, a technical term for how much power a particular battery will hold. So obviously a 1600mAh battery will last longer than a 1400mAh; whether or not it's truly noticeable to the user, it will hold a charge for 200mAh longer than the stock OEM RIM battery.

I prefer my Seido as it's not just a $7.50 battery from some guy in Hong Kong. So if it does explode I have someone to call, besides it's sold in the CrackBerry store! Moreover, they seem to perform the same as I do have both, either one should float your boat.
    09-20-09 10:32 AM

So if it does explode I have someone to call, besides it's sold in the CrackBerry store! Moreover, they seem to perform the same as I do have both, either one should float your boat.
    Well Sam Fisher, if mine explodes, I'll take it to the sprint store and say, "wtf? fix it!" lol
    09-20-09 10:36 AM
    I said go for the Seido so if it explodes you'll have to take it to the CrackBerry store and say, "wtf? fix it!"

Sam Fisher rocks! comes out 10 Oct 09 I've been addicted since the first game!
    09-20-09 10:59 AM
    I said go for the Seido so if it explodes you'll have to take it to the CrackBerry store and say, "wtf? fix it!"

Sam Fisher rocks! comes out 10 Oct 09 I've been addicted since the first game!
    i was talking about my crap battery from hong kong

conviction does not looks to be as impressive as Uncharted 2
    Last edited by cvaria; 09-20-09 at 11:18 AM.
    09-20-09 11:07 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD