ive had my bberry tour 9630 since March 2010. never had any problems with it at all. battery life would average well, never died on me. plugged it in every night and was fine for the following day.

since Saturday 10/30, the battery is dying quick. everytime i look at the screen, theres this square clock like the phone is thinking about something. i did not add any applications prior to or since this has been happening. the phone updated software about a week or so ago and everything seemed to go smoothly. i took the battery out on saturday for a few minutes, put it in and i'm having the same problems.

i took the phone off the wall charger this morning at 6:50am, now at 9:40am I am down to 3 of my 5 battery bars and this thinking icon is still there.

does anyone know of anything i can do? is this a Verizon or Blackberry problem?

all help is greatly appreciated.
    11-01-10 08:45 AM
    I would try to reinstall your os. So back up phone, wipe it and then reinstall. Did you install any apps around that date?
    11-01-10 02:20 PM
    I would try to reinstall your os. So back up phone, wipe it and then reinstall. Did you install any apps around that date?
    I didn't install any apps lately, I even turned off all the apps that I have. I checked my memory as I saw some people suggest and I have 61.6mb free application memory.
    11-01-10 04:25 PM
    that does sound weird and like Mistil said, reinstall your OS
    11-02-10 11:24 AM
    ive had my bberry tour 9630 since March 2010. never had any problems with it at all. battery life would average well, never died on me. plugged it in every night and was fine for the following day.

since Saturday 10/30, the battery is dying quick. everytime i look at the screen, theres this square clock like the phone is thinking about something. i did not add any applications prior to or since this has been happening. the phone updated software about a week or so ago and everything seemed to go smoothly. i took the battery out on saturday for a few minutes, put it in and i'm having the same problems.

i took the phone off the wall charger this morning at 6:50am, now at 9:40am I am down to 3 of my 5 battery bars and this thinking icon is still there.

does anyone know of anything i can do? is this a Verizon or Blackberry problem?

all help is greatly appreciated.
    I recently started having the same problem and I remembered reading something about battery conditioning. Try this it worked for me. I let my battery die until almost completely drained, 5-10%, then put it on the charger overnight. The next day I was back to normal battery life.
    11-02-10 11:46 AM

I'm having the same issue and it is infuriating. This is my first AND LAST blackberry.

Can you point me to a thread with a how to on the uninstall/reinstall? I haven't had to do this yet... I would appreciate it.
    11-04-10 08:11 PM
    Did wiping/reinstalling help?
    11-05-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD