Hi everybody!

I'm getting a new phone in another carrier and I have 3 options in this carrier:

8330, 9530 or 9630.

I'm not going to get the 8330 because my 8520 is better. My decision is between 9530 and 9630. I was reading that official 5.0 OS on the Storm 9530 is really good but the Tour 9630 is a great device (It's going to be hard have a Trackball again because I love my Trackpad).

I'm only going to change my 8520 because all GSM carriers in this country SUCKS a lot.

So... Can anybody help me to take my decision?

Thanks a lot!

PD: I apologize for my bad english :$
    11-04-09 11:35 PM
    I love the Tour for a lot of reasons, but for me, I was riddled with trackball issues. I know some users experience this and others do not. I actually like my Storm and am going back to it, simply because I am frustrated with the trackball issues.

Have you actually spent time using the 9530? I would use it before purchasing simply because it takes time to get used to.
    11-05-09 12:54 AM
    The storm sucks, the touchscreen idea is cool but other manufacturers have done it better. But hang tight 'cause more 5.0 will be dropping soon along with two new devices at VZW the 8530 and the 9650 and both will have trackpads and wifi and the vzw network, I've been eligible for a device upgrade with VZW since july but I'm holding on to my 8330 with a hybrid 5.0 til they get here... From what I have seen of the 8350 it will have 256 MB flash and RAM and the current Tour's processor, so it'll be a significant upgrade, but the 9650 could have a memory and processor upgrade in its 2nd gen too, so maybe be patient and scoop the best berry for your buck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 02:40 AM
    11-05-09 04:25 AM
    I love the Tour for a lot of reasons, but for me, I was riddled with trackball issues. I know some users experience this and others do not. I actually like my Storm and am going back to it, simply because I am frustrated with the trackball issues.

Have you actually spent time using the 9530? I would use it before purchasing simply because it takes time to get used to.
    Yeah, the Tour is amazing... But I don't want a trackball again. And Tour's trackball it"s not easy to replace like in Pearl 81XX and Curve 83XX devices.

I used a 9530 for an hour some moths ago and I didn't like it (too slow, but official 5.0 it's fast) So I have to try it again with the 5.0 OS but my cousin sold it to get a 8900.

My girlfriend recently bought a 9500, so I'm going to practice texting and I'm going to take my desicion because I always use BlackBerry Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.

Thanks for your help!

11-05-09 08:31 AM
    The storm sucks, the touchscreen idea is cool but other manufacturers have done it better. But hang tight 'cause more 5.0 will be dropping soon along with two new devices at VZW the 8530 and the 9650 and both will have trackpads and wifi and the vzw network, I've been eligible for a device upgrade with VZW since july but I'm holding on to my 8330 with a hybrid 5.0 til they get here... From what I have seen of the 8350 it will have 256 MB flash and RAM and the current Tour's processor, so it'll be a significant upgrade, but the 9650 could have a memory and processor upgrade in its 2nd gen too, so maybe be patient and scoop the best berry for your buck!

Thanks for your help but I'm not in United States and Verizon Wireless is not my carrier. And I can't wait a lot of time to wait the release of 8530 and 9650 in this country because 9630 was released two days ago in this country.

Last edited by pparadisom; 11-05-09 at 08:40 AM.
    11-05-09 08:37 AM
    Love my tour...by now all the kinks are worked out and it rocks!

11-05-09 11:23 AM
    Get the Tour if you value functionality. The hardware issues have essentially been resolved and it's a great device.
    11-05-09 02:16 PM
    Ok, Tour definitely wins. But if I can't find it I'm gonna buy the Storm.
    11-05-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD