Just wanted to see if I was the only one having issues with Verizon's "Certified Like-New Replacement." I picked up a Tour just after launch. Trackball problems developed, so I started getting replacements sent out to me.

I've been on Verizon for 8 years, always happy with my service and coverage. This is the first time I've ever returned a phone. I don't mind that the replacement phones are refurbs, but it is getting a little ridiculous when so many of the phones ship out with glaring problems. It makes me wonder who is inspecting these things before they leave the service depot. I laugh when I think about how much Verizon has spent shipping defective phones to me. I'm actually bonding with my FedEx lady over it.
    10-15-09 02:33 PM
    I would've given up after 2!
    10-15-09 02:35 PM
    Maybe you should give the Storm 2 a shot when it's released...
    10-15-09 02:37 PM
    lol How many returns you think that thing will need??
    10-15-09 02:40 PM
    Sorry to hear it. I got mine the day they came out and it's worked perfectly since day 1.
    10-15-09 02:41 PM
    Just strikes me odd that out of 7 Tours everyone was bad. I could understand a couple, that is the most returns for a Tour I think I've heard yet...
    10-15-09 02:43 PM
    Yeah I agree. You probably remember, my day-0f-release didn't do real well after a month, got a replacement, it's GREAT. The odds of getting 7 bad ones doesn't sound right.
    10-15-09 02:45 PM
    Instead of having them sent to you, why don't you go to the actual Verizon store and get a new one? I was at my local official Verizon store today playing around with both of their tours, and BOTH had track ball issues, one more then the other. You could set the sensitivity all the way up, and it just wouldn't work. I asked them "Since I'll be buying the tour possibly, unless a new curve comes out sooner...I'll be buying it from the website since all the rebates are taken off instantly and I wont have to deal with any mail in rebates. If the tour has an issue, can i bring it back here and exchange it, even though i didn't get it from the store?"

Their answer was yes. I could either get them to send me out a new one, or just exchange it at the store.
    10-15-09 02:46 PM
    I've taken five of the seven back to my local store, and they've agreed with me that the phones aren't right. The other two - one had the gasket sticking out under the screen; the other had a damaged "End" key that was bent down.
    10-15-09 02:48 PM
    I've taken five of the seven back to my local store, and they've agreed with me that the phones aren't right. The other two - one had the gasket sticking out under the screen; the other had a damaged "End" key that was bent down.
    Oh wow that sucks! After messing around with the ones in the store and them having issues, I am really nervous to buy one now. I was going to pick one up after the 27th. I'll wait for some more details of the new Curve.
    10-15-09 02:54 PM
    Yeah with that many problems dude, I'd have given up on Blackberry altogether, unless they started sending me personal gifts at home or something lol
    10-15-09 03:09 PM
    I honestly would have done it in store, that way you can make sure you get a perfect one instead dealing the hassle. I don't know how easy it is for you to get to a store but you are wasting both your time and theirs. Its probably inconvenient for both, so why not go straight to the source. But I guess it would be different if you couldn't see the defects right away. Hopefully you get a good one this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 03:19 PM
    Sounds like user error have you had a blackberry before? You have to shut down the programs. I am on my first tour.

10-15-09 03:21 PM
    sounds a bit rediculous, why would you NOT GOTO THE STORE TO GET IT? strange!
    10-15-09 03:25 PM
    7 returns? I'm calling bs.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I just don't believe it.
    10-15-09 03:27 PM
    7 Returns? Dayum Homie Your A Certified Like New Customer! How Does It Feel To Be On Verizon's Most Wanted List!!!!! Wooo Hooo Hootie Hoo!
    10-15-09 03:30 PM
    7 replacements is unheard of..... at least for the tour. i work at a sprint service center and i just so happen to have a tour. i had a software crash that couldnt be fixed but still, im only on my first replacement and not showing any signs of needing another. i think you have bad luck with phones. some people just have the curse............ a brand new tour should fix your issue. and try downloading apps like quick pull to make sure you dont have apps running for days...... (that could be the problem)
    10-15-09 03:48 PM
    This must be a troll thread, who's dumb enough to keep ordering the same bad phone 7 times.
    10-15-09 03:53 PM
    7 phones. That's a crazy amount. I'm in a sort of situation. I have an 8330 that I might need to call insurance on. I want the Tour. But I really want what the Essex should/will be (wifi and trackpad). But I don't want to wait too long. These issues people are having aren't helping my decision.

a brand new tour should fix your issue. and try downloading apps like quick pull to make sure you dont have apps running for days...... (that could be the problem)
    As for quickpull. I wish it worked when the BlackBerry is locked (which mine nearly always is).

10-15-09 08:18 PM
    Usser error if u went through 7 Tours!

10-15-09 09:01 PM
    lol 7 Tours. First of all, if my 2nd replacement after original Tour was not perfect, I would demand a new phone from Verizon especially if I was a customer for 8 years. After 3? 4? 5? I would go to the store and not leave until I had a brand new phone. I think the real reason you keep getting replacements is you have a thing for Ms. FedEx Lady over there
    10-15-09 09:27 PM
    If this is actually the case, you have way more patience than I do. I'd have already been demanding my money back.
    10-15-09 09:48 PM
    Had the same issue with a Motorola Q9h. First problem was that I was spraying Screen Clean directly on the phone and it would leak in through the keypad, I dont do that anymore. I am also one of those people who will make a square peg fit in a round whole when I loose my patience so I bought a Monaco aluminum case for my Moto Q and now my last replacement has survived all kinds of abuse and when you take it out of that Monaco case it looks brand new, literally.

The Monaco website can tell you where to get one. Monaco Cases - Mobile Phone and PDA Cases <<~~ If Crackberry doesnt have one of course.

Because its aluminum it is very thin and will not block access to anything on the phone. You will never have to clean the screen as it has a window that sits just above the screen. If you need to do a battery pull or get a speck of dust off the screen then just open it and do your thing and close it back up, it takes seconds to remove and replace. Ever drop your phone? Not a problem, the case is lined with a thin layer of dense foam and the latch never pops open unless you open it yourself. I toss (slight exageration) my phone in the plastic console pocket in my Jeep and my Q has never picked up one single scratch.

I guess you can tell I like mine.

I think I will go and get one for the Bold I have on the way. I bought a clear Speck put I know that will last 5 minutes before I toss it out so I might as well be prepared.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-15-09 at 09:58 PM.
    10-15-09 09:50 PM
    Had the same issue with a Motorola Q9h. First problem was that I was spraying Screen Clean directly on the phone and it would leak in through the keypad, I dont do that anymore. I am also one of those people who will make a square peg fit in a round whole when I loose my patience so I bought a Monaco aluminum case for my Moto Q and now my last replacement has survived all kinds of abuse and when you take it out of that Monaco case it looks brand new, literally.

The Monaco website can tell you where to get one. Monaco Cases - Mobile Phone and PDA Cases

Because its aluminum it is very thin and will not block access to anything on the phone. You will never have to clean the screen as it has a window that sits just above the screen. If you need to do a battery pull or get a speck of dust off the screen then just open it and do your thing and close it back up, it takes seconds to remove and replace. Ever drop your phone? Not a problem, the case is lined with a thin layer of dense foam and the latch never pops open unless you open it yourself. I toss (slight exageration) my phone in the plastic console pocket in my Jeep and my Q has never picked up one single scratch.

I guess you can tell I like mine.
    How much are they paying you to post this crap? This has nothing to do with this thread. Get outta here.
    10-15-09 09:56 PM
    How much are they paying you to post this crap? This has nothing to do with this thread. Get outta here.
    Let us know how the "Forcing them to give me a new phone" thing goes for you.

It would never happen. Anyway, when you get one in good shape you may want to protect it since most people dont have a magical way of getting new phones. Verizon cares if you get a new phone? That is funny stuff.

"Me Willy" "Want new phone" Grunt Grunt,,!!!
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-15-09 at 10:51 PM.
    10-15-09 10:45 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD