So, I am receiving my 6th BB Tour today. The trackball keeps locking up and this time the "i" key quit working. Has anyone else had this much trouble with their phone?

Also, on this last replacement phone, I seemed to be getting memory leaks when running 5.0.0.230. Anyone else have that problem? The 4.7 OS worked OK, but did receive error messages when updated to the latest VZW OS, so I wiped and went back to .230 but was still getting memory issues.

With having so many replacements, do you think they would give me another model of BB? VZW doesn't have any that I really want (I'm not a storm fan and the new Curve is a step back from the Tour, in my opinion). Is there anything else out there? I paid, as a lot of people, a lot of money for a phone that doesn't last more than 3-4 weeks.
    12-04-09 09:37 AM
    I'm still on my first Tour. My trackball is a bit messed up, but nothing that turning the horizontal 90 hasn't fixed.

I think once you get to your 3rd replacement, you find a new phone.
    12-04-09 09:40 AM
    I went through 5, then they switched me phones...
    12-04-09 09:50 AM
    That's the problem, I love Blackberrys, but there is not another phone that Big Red has out that I want. I don't like the Storm and the 8330 is too old. The new Curve looks nice but I think it is a step backwards compared to the Tour.

Has anyone out there had the new Curve and Tour? How do they compare?
    12-04-09 10:58 AM
    After talking to a helpful Verizon rep the other night while ordering a refurbished unit, I asked her about the multi-device exchange policy. She said that if you exchange a certain amount of devices (she did not tell me how many) within a certain amount of time (I believe 30 days), then they can switch you to a different device. I asked her what would be compatible with the Tour.

She looked it up and found a Storm 2 or another new Tour. I was originally going to ask her if the Droid fit the category, but she said probably not. However, this exchange cannot be done over the phone. You must go into a corporate Verizon store (where a technician is available) and explain your problems to them. Once they verify that you fit the policy and that your current device is defective, then you can go ahead with the exchange. Be warned though, the selection of devices you are offered is left up to the discretion of the store manager. You have to understand that they are losing a brand new device and therefore losing money when you are doing this exchange. He or she won't be so quick to hand you over a new device. ALSO, know that if you do get your device exchanged, your next upgrade date will be pushed back 20 months automatically (but your contract date won't).

Hope that helps.
    12-04-09 11:04 AM
    I have the Tour and I was at the Verizon store the other day (because my friend was also getting a Tour) I was playing with the new Curve and I think I like the new trackpad idea. I feel like I would have to get used to it, but I can see how its more reliable than the trackball. The keypad was definitely not as nice as the Tours, and i just didn't feel comfortable with it.

This is only my first impression. I never actually owned a Curve, let alone the new one that I played with in the store.

Hope this helps a little!
    12-04-09 11:11 AM
    That's the problem, I love Blackberrys, but there is not another phone that Big Red has out that I want. I don't like the Storm and the 8330 is too old. The new Curve looks nice but I think it is a step backwards compared to the Tour.

Has anyone out there had the new Curve and Tour? How do they compare?
    Gf has the 8530, I had the 9630....Screen is slightly smaller, (barely noticable), no flash on the camera, its a 2.0 vs the 3.2 on the Tours..Curve2 has trackpad compared to the trackball of the Tour...KB on the Curve2 is more spaced out instead of the smashed together buttons of the Tour (which i actually prefer). Umm....Same app memory.....Curve2 has WIFI....seems to be a solid device so far...
    12-04-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD