Hey CB Users,

I work for Verizon Wireless as a sales rep. Recently, we got a company-wide email saying that we are now taking inquiries on the Tour and Palm Pre. So, judging by dates thrown out here and our own speculation, there may be a good shot at getting the Tour soon.

For us, 5 Star is a callback program for customers. Once we get solid info, we can call customers who want to know more.

Who knows what will happen next.
    06-13-09 08:06 PM
    Cool.. keep us posted if you get anymore info.
    06-13-09 08:13 PM
    does tht mean we can pre order it
    06-13-09 08:47 PM
    Does that mean that if I call VZW, and ask about the Tour, you guys will answer my questions? I don't understand?
    06-13-09 09:14 PM
    Uh, I work for VzW. No internal email has been sent out. Pics or it didn't happen.
    06-13-09 09:19 PM
    I think what he is trying to advertise is a system where if there is enough interest for it, you can plug your information into a database and when information for the Tour becomes available, you will get a call about it and able to ask questions and receive answers. Correct me if I am off track.

It sounds like a good idea and will get the information directly to the people who take a huge interest in the phone.
    06-13-09 09:20 PM
    Uh, I work for VzW. No internal email has been sent out. Pics or it didn't happen.
    From my experience with other retail companies, The corporate office usually picks a few territories to bring items to first. (usually the top stores in the sector, or country).
    06-13-09 09:27 PM
    Right it would be posted in that territories policy pages and I've checked through all the areas and it's not there.

Also if we were opening up public inquiries into those device, I would think it would be a bit more public.
    06-13-09 09:32 PM
    let us know everything you find out. that's if we don't find out first.
    06-13-09 09:57 PM
    Pics or shens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 10:10 PM
    I think what he is trying to advertise is a system where if there is enough interest for it, you can plug your information into a database and when information for the Tour becomes available, you will get a call about it and able to ask questions and receive answers. Correct me if I am off track.

It sounds like a good idea and will get the information directly to the people who take a huge interest in the phone.
    no, I really think he/she was saying they got an email about the tour and pre.
    06-13-09 10:39 PM
    Hey CB Users,

I work for Verizon Wireless as a sales rep. Recently, we got a company-wide email saying that we are now taking inquiries on the Tour and Palm Pre. So, judging by dates thrown out here and our own speculation, there may be a good shot at getting the Tour soon.

For us, 5 Star is a callback program for customers. Once we get solid info, we can call customers who want to know more.

Company wide email? I guess through the wonders of technology, the email missed the entire PA/O
    H/WV area
    06-13-09 11:09 PM
    Hey CB Users,

let me guess, you deleted the email so of course theres no proof right?
    06-13-09 11:13 PM
    I work for VZW as well and no such email has been sent out.
    06-14-09 01:43 AM
    I work for VZW as well and no such email has been sent out.
    well its obvious he was not being honest. He wont even respond.
    06-14-09 01:48 AM
    I don't get the point of making something up like this. Did he not expect real employees to be like WTF?
    06-14-09 01:49 AM
    I work in the northeast area, for new york metro and did see an email about 5 Star call backs regarding the pre and the tour. Im off today so cant post it now but I'll be in on monday. Do those of you who did not get the email ( or maybe just didnt read it yet? ) check in 5 Star to see if the campaign loaded?
    06-14-09 06:28 AM
    I will vouche for the op, I got the email as well. Weekend bum, do you have access to 5star? If so, go to referral, consumer, add, and then click on select item. You will see the tour and pre.

They do this for 2 reasons. 1) to give reps a tool to call customers to let them know when a device is available and 2) to better gauge what stores need more inventory than others when the device ships

06-14-09 06:38 AM
    I will vouche for the op, I got the email as well. Weekend bum, do you have access to 5star? If so, go to referral, consumer, add, and then click on select item. You will see the tour and pre.

They do this for 2 reasons. 1) to give reps a tool to call customers to let them know when a device is available and 2) to better gauge what stores need more inventory than others when the device ships

wow weekendbum....burn.
    06-14-09 07:20 AM
    I love these types pf threads! To funny. I cant say anything about the facts since I dont work for a phone company, but I would think it would help us if we had some proof.
    06-14-09 07:30 AM
    What kind of proof? Not at home so can't post a pic.... Here is what the email thing says....

"5star referral adds blackberry tour and pre" (that's the title of the article/section)

"with customers showing a great deal of advanced interest in both the blackberry tour and palm pre, the 5star referral tool has been updated to capture interest in both these phones."

Then it gives instructions on how to do it, which I listed in my last post....

"note: in the items of interest section select the quantity and phone model to associate this referral with a blackberry tour or palm pre.

If/when these phones are available, you'll have a list of interested customers to contact. To view your referrals follow these instructions"

Good enough fish?

06-14-09 07:43 AM
    What kind of proof? Not at home so can't post a pic.... Here is what the email thing says....

"5star referral adds blackberry tour and pre" (that's the title of the article/section)

"with customers showing a great deal of advanced interest in both the blackberry tour and palm pre, the 5star referral tool has been updated to capture interest in both these phones."

Then it gives instructions on how to do it, which I listed in my last post....

"note: in the items of interest section select the quantity and phone model to associate this referral with a blackberry tour or palm pre.

If/when these phones are available, you'll have a list of interested customers to contact. To view your referrals follow these instructions"

Good enough fish?

Easy big fella, I am not flaming you. And if you think I did then I do apoligize. I just think the threads sometimes elicite some crazy posts. I did not mean to insult you. And I want to beleive all of this as it shows that these devices are soon to drop. Please let me know when you get this sort of intel on the storm 2 as I will be awaiting this news also. Thanks
    06-14-09 07:49 AM
    yeah i recieved the email too, so its def legit.

what i find most interesting in all of this is that verizon is gonna take a chance with another palm device....i was under the impression we had booted palm out the door
    06-14-09 07:59 AM
    Thays if they dont go 'belly-up'...
    06-14-09 08:03 AM
    yeah i recieved the email too, so its def legit.

what i find most interesting in all of this is that verizon is gonna take a chance with another palm device....i was under the impression we had booted palm out the door

the pre is closer to the iPhone then any other phone has gotten and also in my opinion actually better..

why wouldn't they..

"don't brand a company, brand there product"

anyway thanks for the info OP appreciate it..
    06-14-09 11:41 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD