So... I was able to get the additional $50 credit to my account on my 2nd call to CS. I did have to go to Option 4, then 4 again (i think) to be connected to the promotions department.
    The first time I called, I just went to a regular CS and they didn't know what I was talking about, so I just hung up on them.

So to sum it all up....
    $269 - $50 (NE2) - $50 (Be Thrify, Save Fifty PROMO) - $70 MIR = $99 total.

I did not try for this so-called "WORLD PHONE" $50 credit. Do you think that would still apply if I tried?
    07-23-09 09:27 PM
    I did not try for this so-called "WORLD PHONE" $50 credit. Do you think that would still apply if I tried?
    Wouldn't hurt to keep trying. I first called the world phone department, who acknowledged the promo but said customer service would have to process it. When they transferred it, they sent me to an automated message asking for a 4 digit extension. I had to hang up and start over. This time I called customer service first and told them what I was trying to do. After a little confusion about what this rebate actually was (they thought I was asking about the mail in rebate) they got someone from the global department on three way that took over processing the rebate. All in all, took about 40 minutes, mostly being on hold, but it was worth it.

With these rebates, you can usually tell in the first couple seconds in talking to the CS rep how it's going to go. Sometimes you get someone pissed off or bored. Sometimes you get the bubbly, friendly girl that is willing to help. Just have to keep trying.
    07-23-09 10:01 PM
    My Story: Bought the Tour for FULL RETAIL 489 + 6% tax. Actually I was calling a rep tonight to try and get that hole Global Phone discount and he gave me the spiel about how you have to be leasing a phone from them or something. Then he said let me check and see if i can get you the Blackberry $50 instant Rebate. Put me on hold, came back and said it will post to my next bill. SWEEEEEETTTT
    07-23-09 10:42 PM
    I called 611 option 4 and then option 6
    07-24-09 09:00 AM
    Called Verizon last night, was on the phone for 30 minutes with a very helpful rep who at first had no idea the promotion even existed. I then had him look it up on Verizons website (I specified that I saw it on TV as well) so he could verify the validity of the offer. He then put me on hold for probably 10 minutes, then came back on apologizing profusely for the long hold, but he did find the offer, and he then applied the $50 credit on my account (on top of the mail in rebate of course). I just got a text from Verizon saying it was accepted and credited.
    07-24-09 10:59 AM
    how long does this promotion go for? i cant find it on verizons website.
    07-24-09 03:36 PM
    Okay, lessee if someone can confirm what I think is currently the case: Price went up by $30, and the rebate with it. Still $199 after MIR. NE2- $50. Be thrifty... expired. VIP? Don't think I qualify. $50 off all BBs; I gotta take the ad from the paper in, as it has disappeared from the VZW website and I haven't seen it on TV. Can anybody direct me to the Global/World Phone discount?
    08-04-09 08:45 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD