I just updated my tour to the new os and now it seems that the screen has a black border around it, as my background doesn't go to the edge of the lcd anymore. Does anyone else see this?
    03-30-10 12:58 PM
    I do but not until you said it. Weird.
    03-30-10 01:01 PM
    all blackberrys are like that .... the LCD does not go to the edge of the phone....
    03-30-10 01:01 PM
    well that explains it, just something I never looked at before I guess
    03-30-10 01:02 PM
    Haha! I cant believe I did not notice that earlier!
    03-30-10 01:02 PM
    Hmm. I don't think I'm imagining this...

Unless its that pesky dementia again.
    03-30-10 01:07 PM
    yes, there is a black border, but thats Blackberry. The LCD never goes to the edge of the 4 sides of the screen.

look at any blackberry, all the LCD's are the same
    03-30-10 01:10 PM
    Nothing's changed. That border has always been there. I'm sure you're noticing it now because you'e given your OS a closer look. But trust me, if you downgrade to 4.7, you'll see that it's the exact same.
    03-30-10 01:10 PM
    Ok, I'll take your word on it. Thanks everyone.

Off for a brain MRI...
    03-30-10 01:18 PM
    My screen is blurry when I hit a "Menu" screen and scroll through it, like 3 of the options are blurry and fuzzy.
    Is it because I have a leaked 5.0 version?
    I saw that I finally got an email yesterday saying the actual 5.0 is here for my carrier. maybe that will solve the issue??
    03-31-10 09:25 AM
    My screen is blurry when I hit a "Menu" screen and scroll through it, like 3 of the options are blurry and fuzzy.
    Is it because I have a leaked 5.0 version?
    I saw that I finally got an email yesterday saying the actual 5.0 is here for my carrier. maybe that will solve the issue??
    Take you phone, screen side down, and wipe it on your shirt.

Yah the black border was always there on the tour. It was one of the first complaints when the phone was released. If you want to feel like you have more usable screen in the browser hit the "u" key in a browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 03-31-10 at 10:14 AM.
    03-31-10 10:12 AM
    Well EvolutionGSR and MJBENSEN310 are absolutely right. I read that the black around the screen would be there even when we did get the 5.0 (except on the browser).

I just got an email from Blackberry saying my device software is ready to be updated so maybe I'll get the right 5.0 and problem solved or my best guess is the theme hasn't caught up with the 5.0.

Hey for as much as the Tour on a 5.0 OS does compared to my old Curve and Storm, I shouldn't complain.
    Thanks for the feedback
    04-01-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD