4.7, 5.0 have been extra chitty. Who is to blame? I never had any issues with my old 8330 except low memory. That's the reason I went with the tour. Today because my phone decided to randomly reboot 5 times I lost out on about $300 for the week. I driver for myself and need a device that is reliable especially when I am looking for the next load. I am seriously thinking after I get my next settlement going to the Droid Eris. I cant be loosing money because my phone craps out on me. I have been using bb's for the last 3 years and after the tour was released I am very disappointed with rim. The os's just keeping worse and worse. Give me 4.5 on the tour, worked great on my 8330. They are trying to move ahead to quickly because they are being blown out of the water by the iphone and droids. Maybe if they put the best out again like they have in the past people would quite leaving for the next best thing. I get laughed at by my partner with his htc eris that has little to no problems. What gives, why would rim put out such chitty os's?
    Sorry just on a venting rant here.
    04-08-10 01:36 AM
    that was 5 time in a row.
    04-08-10 01:37 AM
    i had the same trouble... what i did was simply go to blackberry.com and download the newest version of blackberry desktop manager> then i connected the phone for the update and it processed quickly and without any problems.
    04-08-10 02:12 AM
    i'd say VZW fault for approving the last two crappy OSs. Sprint's OS 5 seems ok from what i've read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 06:37 AM
    I don't know which it is but I think they both better be ready to have someone or a group of people sue them due to job loss because a random filthy or embarassing sounds blast out in a meeting after getting a call etc. Not to mention this guy that losing jobs due to his phone being jacked up by this OS release.
    04-08-10 07:14 AM
    RIM's Fault. - building it.

VZW Fault - accepting it and pushing it to consumers.
    04-08-10 07:29 AM
    Mine also rebooted a few times yesterday on its own.
    04-08-10 08:07 AM
    I have the random reboots now too but my About page says I still have v4.1.0.40

Does an OS update usually take care of this kind of crap. I'm with the cat that started this, random reboots are not cool, especially in the middle of a call.
    05-03-10 12:02 PM
    It's VZW's fault. Theyre the ones who released the OS, not RIM.
    05-03-10 12:19 PM
    It's VZW's fault, not because they released the OS, but because they JACKED with the RIM release of the OS. Every vendor does it, just like computers. HP, Dell, they all have custom install images of W98,XP,Vista and now W7. Ever notice how much BETTER and FASTER a blank OEM install of windows runs compared to one that's been jacked with by say Dell or HP? Same concept here folks, BB OS is nothing more than a RIM base released OS that the vendors HAD to jack with to make it their own.

I bet you, willing to bet you, if you got an untouched RIM release, such as a leak or something along those lines, for those of you having issues, and installed/updated your phone with it, because it's NOT a vendor pushed release, 90% of your problems would be gone in a matter of 30 minutes or less, depending on boot up time.
    05-03-10 01:14 PM
    that was 5 time in a row.
    I'm not having it that often, but mine rebooted randomly while I was on the way out to lunch today. I had hoped that was fixed by the last update, looks like it wasn't though...
    05-03-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD